2/10/10

Luv 2 B Me

I had such an amusing evening with Kylee-bug. When I picked her up from dance last night, we were driving home. Here's our conversation:
K: What did you do while I was at dance and Blaine was at t-ball.
M: I took a bath.
K: Why?
M: Because I haven't felt good today and have a really bad headache.
K: Are you sick?
M: No. I started my period today, and sometimes it just makes me feel blah.
K: You know, Mom Mom NEVER tells me when she starts her period.
M: Kylee, Mom Mom doesn't have a period anymore.
K: Why? Is she ok?
I continued to explain menopause to her. I just thought it was so funny that that was her response to me, that Mom Mom would never tell her.

Early last fall, she found these pajamas at Justice that she just had to have. They said, Love 2 B Me. I went back and got them to save for Christmas. When she opened them Christmas morning, she was SO excited!
Anyway, she put them on last night, and this is how that conversation went:
K: You know, I really do love to be me.
M: Oh, Kylee, that's the best gift you can give to a Mommy.
K: Why?
M: Well, all I want for you and Blaine is for you to be happy and healthy. And if you love to be you, then you are happy.
K: Well, I do have it pretty good!

Love this kid!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...