2/16/10

KinderUnion

Saturday morning when I woke Kylee up, she was so tired. Bless her heart. But she handled it like the young lady she is growing up to be. She got up, got dressed, brushed her teeth and hair while every body else was in bed, and she did not complain. I took her to the school to do her presidential duties.

After we dropped her off, Blaine and I headed back to the house to start priming my ugly forest green dining room for the amazing transformation that was to take place the next day.

He was great help, as long as his name was on the wall. When I painted over it, he was done. LOL!

I picked Kylee up about 12:30, and she had had such a great time. Between her 2nd grade and 3rd grade year, our school district did some "redistricting" as to which school our address should attend. We could have kept Kylee where she was, but we couldn't have gotten Blaine in that school with her, so she transferred from Loma Verde to Sierra Vista. While she was hosting, some of the kids from Loma Verde that were in her kindergarten class were competing in the UIL. She was so excited! She said it was like a "Kinder-Union" (kindergarten reunion). One of the girls (that she was always competing with, btw), Crystal, was there. She text me and told me Crystal didn't recognize her. But then when I picked her up, she said when she had talked to Crystal, Crystal said she was too embarrassed to talk to Kylee because she wasn't sure she would remember her. They are excited that they will be back together next year in middle school. (Middle school???!!! I just threw up a little in my mouth!)

I finished priming the dining room (and part of the bedroom we overzealously and ridiculously thought we would get to) and got in the shower. Randa wanted to go to P.F. Changs while she was here, so I killed two birds with one stone. Kylee's valentine, Colton, and his mom were meeting us there, too, for their "date".

Can I just tell you what a sweetheart Colton is? He brought Kylee a flower and a box of chocolates.

He was also so sweet with Blaine. Blaine wanted to sit by him, too! Colton showed him how to use chopsticks and even listened to him when he was telling him something. Blaine felt REALLY big when Colton ordered a pina coloda after seeing Blaine's!

During dinner, Kylee was so shy. When we first got there, she wouldn't even LOOK at him. I really did feel sorry for her! I know that feeling, and she is so young. At one point during dinner, she texted me that she needed to go to the bathroom. She was too embarrased to even say that in front of him. So shy. She wasn't the ONLY one texting me during dinner. Randa was texting me how cute he was. LOL! We're so bad.

As the dinner went on, she warmed up a LITTLE bit. By that, I mean she could glance in his direction. She even leaned towards him a little so I could take their picture, and the three kids did a toast with their desserts.

Colton was so sweet, though, and totally understood.
This is all of us at dinner.

Shelly and I were being silly because we had the EXACT same purse!!
and I was SO happy to finally have Randa in town.

I didn't know at that point, though, what the NEXT day actually held. Stay tuned for that...



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...