2/16/10

Dancing Queen

Friday night was a big night for my girl. As I mentioned before, she had her dance competition at Americas High School. It was kind of a crazy afternoon because she had to be there at 4:30. I had to work. Mom Mom and Dad Dad were trying to get out of town to go campaign for Uncle Kyle. Dad Dad saved the day, though (of course), and got her there. Then I picked up Blaine and we headed for the competition.


I was prepared, camera in hand to take pictures and video. I had even charged the battery to make sure I got it all, since I know taking video sucks up the battery. When we saw them on deck, I pulled it out ready to shoot. NO MEMORY STICK! UGH! I was so disappointed. No fears. I'm going to ask Ms. Eva (the dance teacher) to have them perform the two dances in class so I have have them on video. They won't be in makeup and costume, but they'll be dancing.

They did such a GREAT job on BOTH dances!

When it came down to the awards ceremony, they won second and got a big 'ole trophy.

Thank God for cell phones!!
Since there was only one trophy, Miss Eva decided to let each girl take it home one at a time to show it off. I'm not really sure why Kylee got to be first, but she did.



Mr. Garcia had promised his UIL students he would take them to Peter Piper the SAME Friday night as her dance competition. He promised he would wait for her, though. After the competition, she was so ready to get out and get to Peter Piper Pizza. Except...she didn't know WHICH Peter Piper. She sent him an email on his phone, and we waited. And waited. And waited. Nothing.

She THOUGHT she knew which one it MIGHT be, so I told her I would take her to that one to check, but that was it! Once we got home, we were staying. It was already 10 until 9 by this point! So we headed to that Peter Piper. It wasn't it. She was devastated. I could tell she REALLY wanted to cry, but she held it back.

When we got home, she just went inside and sat on the couch, holding the tears that brimmed her eyes. I felt so bad for her, so I decided to check the email one more time. HE RESPONDED! with his cell phone number for her to call him. She called. He answered. He was STILL waiting on her, so we headed over there. I told her on the way out the door that we weren't staying long becasue she had to be AT the school at 7:30 Saturday morning to do her Student Council President duties in hosting a UIL at their school. She said she knew and she wouldn't complain when we left. She also took her trophy to show Mr. Garcia.


He was so proud of her, as he always is, and the rest of us had a great time, too. Joey and I visited with Mr. Garcia and another parent while the kids played. Then the kids joined us and we laughed and laughed as we visited and talked about how we got in trouble and how they have been in trouble. I kept telling Kylee we needed to go, but she didn't want to. I finally told her that nobody had to get up the next morning but her, and I wasn't going to fight with her when it was time. She agreed. We ended up leaving at 11:30 p.m.



I'm so proud of my dancing queen!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...