2/16/10

Extreme Home Makeover - Dining Room Edition

So...Sunday morning we got up and got started. Randa and I headed to Lowe's to get supplies. Since we over optimistically thought we were going to get to my bedroom and bathroom, we bought supplies for all three.


The dining room, though, completely changed plans. Our original plans were to buy these ceiling tiles that look like punched tin for the whole bottom of the wall, then put a black chair rail on top of them, and then paint the top barn red. The only problem was that these 2x2 ceiling tiles were almost 20 dollars a piece. We were going to need like 20 of them. So Randa had to quickly redo her plan in her mind. After reevaluating several options, and much to my chagrin, she took me to wall paper. Ugh! I so didn't want wallpaper.


Well, we headed over there, and Randa found this wallpaper that was in rolls and raised. It was white, and I wasn't convinced, but I trusted her. Plus, it was $16 a roll. We only needed TWO! I trusted her. We bought those and a new chandalier and new light and wall plug faceplates and baseboards and chair rails and headed back to the house.


We painted walls and chair rails and baseboards. Then we started putting this wallpaper up. It was crazy! We had to measure where to cut to get around the window. I had to put the glue on with my hand because the roll brush wasn't working, but we got it up. Then came the part I was REALLY nervous about, painting the wall paper. Y'all, it's BEA.TI.FUL!! I think it's better than the punch tin would have been.


I also have to give props to Joey. He put up our painted baseboards and chair rail, AND he painted my green hutch black and put the punched tin tiles we WANTED to use on the wall in the inserts. It's AMAZING!
He also put up my chandalier and put up with me and Randa. We were so excited to get the chandalier up that while he was working on it, we were checking out the bulbs and covers and stuff. hehe! He was a little frustrated with us, and we thought we were hysterical!

Are you ready for the reveal? Here's a little teaser for fun.

Ok. Now for before and after pictures. (Be sure and notice the green hutch, since I didn't specifically take a before picutre of it)

Before:

And now...drumroll, please...datadada.....AFTER!



I'm so pleased with it!

I guess all that's left to say is: Welcome home, Onick Family, welcome home!
Thank you, Randa, thank you!



3 comments:

Vic at Blossom and Snowflakes said...

Hi there, popping over from Kelly's. I really love your new dining room! The colour is great:) It's a pain having to compromise with things, but you've done a great job!

Unknown said...

It looked lovely before, but wow! Extreme makeover, indeed. The paint and tiles did it. Your dining room looks lighter and lovelier with the combination of the glossy red paint and white tiles. Did you change its color since then? Arthur @ ContractorExpress

Unknown said...

From green to red. Don’t you want to go light? Red is better than green, but I think it’s about time you go for a lighter shade for your kitchen. Don’t get me wrong, your kitchen is gorgeous, but I think it would look good with a light yellow or lavender walls. Danny @ IntegrityHomePro.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...