1/1/10

On the 5th day of Christmas...

it was Pops' birthday!!!
He started his day early, too. At 4:30 a.m., in the dark and quiet, I dressed my baby boy and sent him with my dad on his birthday deer hunting. It was an exciting day, too. All Blaine REALLY wanted was to go so he could have a deer on his wall like Pops and Uncle Kyle. Guess what?! This is what will be on his wall by the middle of next week. It was cold and snowing, but they had taken a propane heater to the deer blind, so it was all good. I'm really not sure if the birthday boy or the five-year old was more excited, honestly.

While they were hunting, Dawn and I decided to go get jet peels. Our appointment was pretty early, so I woke up Kylee and asked her if she wanted to go or just stay at the house and sleep. I knew we would be back before they even got up..and they both have cell phones. They decided to stay. I told her to call if she needed anything. I was headed back to the house, about five minutes away, and she calls. I was really surprised she was even awake. She wanted to know how long before I got home. Evidentally, when the boys got back from hunting, Pops had left Blaine with the girls. Kylee decided to tell them the story of Jaycee Duggard, and by the time I got there, they had locked themselves in the bathroom because they were terrified.

Anyway, later that afternoon we celebrated Pops' birthday. The kids had picked him out a cake.
(and the girls also found matching outfits)

Blaine bought him a wallet, and the girls picked out a really cute sign for him.

Later that night Ryan and Randa joined us at WallStreet for his birthday dinner. It was a great time and great food! The girls found this
outside the restaurant, and were just REALLY tickled by it.

Happy Birthday, Pops!!

The next day the kids and I headed home to get ready for a New Year's Eve pajama party at the Hayes'. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...