1/19/10

Going once, going twice, SOLD!

When we reluctantly left Brodie, we headed back to Pecos to watch the kids sell their animals.

Blaine and Jet really enjoyed each other, and they are both so handsome!

Mommers and MomMom enjoyed their boys, too.

I was so proud of those boys for sitting up there watching the sale. That's hard to do when you're 5. I guess it did get a little slow at one point because Mom Mom decided to let Blaine bid on a cake they were auctioning off between the animals. As soon as he did, the auctioneer, who just happens to also be his grandfather, called him down to help him.

Then Blaine REALLY thought he was big. Before it was all over, he was opening gates to let the animals into the sale ring and everything. And after the sale, he kept talking about the $100 cake "he" bought!

Speaking of thinking they are so big...I really don't favor one child over the other, really! It's just I didn't see much of Kylee because she was too busy being 10 and big and running around...just like somebody else I used to know at that age when the stock show and sale came around. But when she saw Blaine helping Pops, she wanted a piece of the action, too, so when Blaine moved on to opening gates, she and Kellie decided to help.


The kids did a really great job showing and selling their animals!

Kellie with her great big smile!

Morgan, all beautified by her Aunt Randa

Doesn't she look beautiful?


I have NO idea where I was when Michael sold his goat. I can't believe I missed it! He did a great job, too, and needs his picture included in this post. So here's a picture of he and Kyle getting ready to ride the next day.


While I thought I was being so sneaky getting this picture,
which I love, by the way, evidentally Mom was busy sneaking glimpes at Randa and I sitting together. She told Randa Sunday that she was tickled watching us because she could only imagine what we were talking about. But since I was the one taking the pictures, there's obviously NOT one of the two of us. It probably looked something like this..... or maybe a bit more mischevious...hehe No, we were really being good...that night!
And I was glad my kiddos got to visit with Mom a bit.


McKenzie didn't get to go to the sale, but we did get to see her.


Before we left Sunday, we went by to see Granny and visit and show her pictures of Brodie.

It was a VERY full weekend, and we were glad to have Monday off for Martin Luther King. We did very little other than laundry and laying around. Kylee and I went and got our piggies done while Blaine played DS with his Daddy. After our whirlwind weekend, though, I'm hoping this short week FEELS short!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...