4/9/10

We've Got the Blues

Kylee is allergic to blue dye. Have you ever heard of being allergic to a color?

Remember this post? The next time we saw the doctor, I told him about it. He was almost sure that the dye in the Jolly Rancher had done it. It was blue. He told us next time we came in, to bring a blue candy and let her eat it in his office to see what happened. We forgot. We still haven't done that. I still suck as a mother.

Last night as we got ready for our prayers, Kylee started complaining that her gums itched and burned. We said our prayers, and as soon as we said Amen, she said her lip was swelling. I knew this time what it was, so I ran for the Benadryl. Then I started questioning her about what she had eatin. She said just what I have her for supper, chicken, corn, and fruit. I knew there was more? What else? A jawbreaker. Guess what color it was? Yup, blue.

I've got a picture of her lip that I will be posting soon. It's not NEARLY as big as last time but...
I still suck as a mother. hehe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've heard of kids being allergic to red dye. Like in koolaid and things like that, but never blue dye. Poor Kylee. The blue jolly ranchers are my fav! Poor Kylee, again. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...