4/28/10

Having the "Time of Their Lives"

Blaine really wanted to play in Kylee's room tonight. She told him he could, only if he played what she wanted. He agreed. They closed the door, and I let them play. I could hear them giggling. I didn't know what they were doing, but I didn't care. They were laughing and getting along. I soon found out what was going on when I was called in for the performance.

THE PERFORMANCE


After their performance, I told Blaine it was time for his breathing treatment so we could go to bed. His sister said, "I'll start it for him, Mom." And they laid together through the entire 20 minutes of his treatment. When I told them to get their pjs on, Kylee got his pj's for him and got him ready for bed.

Then they told me Kylee's calendar had said it was a full moon, so they wanted to go see it. The moon was so low that it was behind the houses, so we jumped in the car to drive the short few blocks to get around the houses.

**I interrupt this story for a brief annoucement. CPS (and maybe Mom Mom), please skip right over these next few sentences. Thank you.!***

I let them both ride in the front, Blaine in Kylee's lap, buckled in together. While we rode, they snuggled and giggled. Kylee told Blaine his butt bone was hurting her, and he said, "I know! It's getting strong, huh?"

***Now back to our regularly written story for all.***

After we had seen the moon, we came back for prayers and bedtime. Blaine prayed, "Dear God, please let Diddy rock the TAKS tomorrow." Then he begged her to sleep with him. So for tonight, even though it may be just tonight, they are sleeping snuggly together in Blaine's bed, and they are not only brother and sister; they are friends. And what Mom can ask for more than that?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...