4/20/10

Welcome Home, Mommy...or not!

When I left Midland, I text Kylee and Joey to let everybody know I was coming home. But then I stopped in Pecos to see Mom, and then I stopped at Kyle's for a little to visit. So it actually took me longer than it should have to get home, since I was in Pecos about an hour and a half.

When I walked in the door, MY door, Blaine said, "How did you get here so fast?" I said, "Well, that's how long it took me to drive home from Midland." Here come his tears. Then I said, "Did you want me to leave?" He nodded his head, with his lip sticking out like Pops, and said, "I'm just not through having fun with my Dad!" I've figured out that when I leave ~~which is maybe the reason I don't very often~~, there are NO rules! So I said, "Do you want me to go get your sister?" He said, "Yes, please!" So off I went.

Kylee, on the other hand, was a welcoming surprise. She is usually the one that doesn't miss me and if she's with Mom Mom and Dad Dad, doesn't really care what I'm doing. This weekend, however, she actually cried and told Mom Mom she wanted her Mommy. I really am sorry she felt bad and was sad, but it makes me feel so good that she wanted ME when she felt bad!!

One outta two ain't bad, right?


P.S. Before bed that night, Blaine loved me real hard and told me he really did miss me and love me. ;-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...