4/12/10

Kylee's 11th Birthday Party

For Kylee's 11th birthday party, she had a slumber party at the Marriott. She wanted to have it at a hotel with an indoor pool. The party was Saturday from 7 p.m. until 10 a.m. Cecy and Lisa agreed to stay with me and help me with all those girls. We all went up to the hotel about 4 so the boys could swim before all the girls got there. Dad Dad and Mom Mom went, too, so McKenzie and Blaine could swim. (Blaine wasn't supposed to stay for the party.)
Blaine and Kenzie having a picnic.
Blaine and Mat

When all the girls got there, they IMMEDIATELY got in the pool;

then the hot tub;

then the sauna;
and over and over again.

Though Blaine was not supposed to stay, he convinced his Dad to get a room at the hotel so he could be there, too. After all,


his sister went to his, right? And the girls love him, right?







So...they stayed! We were in rooms 115 and 117, right by the pool, and they ended up in room 408, on the 4th floor.

After a while, the girls were starving, so we headed outside to the grass for a picnic of pizza.
(Notice the little stud sitting right in the middle of it all!)

They all jumped in the pool for a little while longer, since the pool closed at 11:00 and we were getting pretty close to that. After the pool, it was time for cake, (Isn't it awesome!!)
Happy Birthday singing, and wish making (which was for sure the laptop she's been wanting so bad) .
The boys headed upstairs to their room, and the girls headed inside to open presents

and sign the pillowcase.

They decided they wanted to "Knock Knock Ditch" Joey and Blaine. Since I'm so cool, I agreed, and off to the elevator we went.

I know Joey heard them coming with all the giggling going on, but evidentally he decided the play along. They knocked and ran, knocked and ran, knocked and ran. About the fourth time, right was they went to knock, he swung the door open and hollered at them. All 10 girls screamed and took off running all the way down the hallway. I just knew we'd be kicked out!

We headed back downstairs, and they decided to watch a movie. Of course, we could NOT satisfy all of them, but after going through the movie selections again and again and again, we had a secret vote between The Blind Side and Leap Year. The Blind Side won. So they all settled in the watch the movie.

Only it didn't last very long! Although some of them fell fast asleep, most of them did not! At 1 o'clock in the morning, they were in the bathroomstraightening each other's hair. After an accidental burn (which if it hadn't been the middle of the night, I would have THOUGHT about them being burned with straighteners) or two, I turned them off. They resorted to truth or dare. After Kylee was dared to kiss Kellie's cheek as she slept and whisper "I love weenies" in her hair, Kellie picked up her sleeping bag and brought to the adult's side of the adjoining rooms. Who can blame her?

After I had told them SEVERAL times to keep it down, thinking if they got quiet, they would fall asleep, since now it is THREE O'CLOCK in the morning, I called the front desk. hehe. I explained who I was and what I was doing, and asked if they would call the adjoining room and tell those girls the keep it down. No sooner had I hung up than I heard the other phone ring. It wsa SO funny. Victoria answered the phone, and all I heard was, "We're so sorry about that. Okay. Yes, ma'am." Then she got off the phone and said, "Y'all have got to shut up! They are going to kick us out of here!" Through Lisa, Cecy, and I's high fives and laughs, we heard Kylee say, "Ok. Tell us EXACTLY what she said!" lol

Shortly after that, they were quiet and asleep. VICTORY! Score one for the moms!

The next morning, Cecy had to leave us early for a parent meeting for Mat. Joey had an early softball game, so he brought Blaine back down to us at 7:30. Cecy offered to take Blaine with her to eat breakfast because Mat and Chris were picking her up and eating there. Of course, I agreed. And Blaine LOVED it! He feels like SUCH a big boy with Mat. So he went to breakfast and came back to the room.


The girls were up and at 'em at 9. Pick-up was at 10, so I told them to get their things together so we could go eat breakfast. Nope! They didn't want to eat! They wanted to swim...again...before the parents came. This may be awful, but I figured it would save me some money, so score two for the moms! By 9:15, we were all packed and back at the pool...with Blaine once again right in the middle of the girls. What a ladies man!

And I was SO proud of the way Kylee handled it, too! It didn't bother her one bit to have her baby brother there.

After all the girls were picked up, we met Dad Dad, Mom Mom and McKenzie at Olive Garden for lunch. Several times Kylee told me she just "needed a moment to cry," so she did. She even went to the restroom at OG to have a short cry.

Dad Dad took Kellie and McKenzie back to Kyle and Myra since he had to work anyway, and the kid and I headed home for a nap. Kylee kept insisting she was NOT tired, had just needed some food in her belly, but certainly not a nap! I told her she had to lay on the couch for 30 minutes with no TV. She was OUT in five!

Later she counted her money so we could order her laptop. That little snot had $528!! Granted, grandparents contributed $300, but STILL!! So she and I settled in at the computer to order her own. After ordering her laptop, the green mouse she wanted, and the green cover for the laptop, she still has $128 leftover. She's SO excited. While I was sitting in the chair completing her order, she wrapped her arms around the back of my neck and said, "THank you so much, Mommy!" I said, "You're welcome, Bug!" Then she said, "Now turn around here and give me some proper love!"

Happy 11th birthday, Kylee McK! I love you properly!

1 comment:

mbc said...

What a wonderful birthday party...how cool is that? The cake IS awesome and the best part is that she let her little brother come to her party. Sweet girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...