4/20/10

Welcome Home, Randa Kay

I headed to Midland this weekend...all alone...for a surprise housewarming party for Randa. I left here Friday at noon and was on my way!

Kylee said she didn't want to stay with her Daddy because, "The boys eat crap!" I really don't think that was it, but that's exactly what she said. I think she didn't want to be "one of the boys." Joey and Blaine hung out together.

When I got to Midland, I met Ryan and Dawn at Sante Fe in Odessa to see Dawn's new yellow couch. I know it sounds hideous, but it's BEAUTIFUL! Then Dawn and I headed on to Midland to Randa's new house. When we got there, Cheyenne and Stetson were there. Love that kid! After taking a tour and visiting a while, we went to get us some supper and then back to house.

Cheyenne and Dawn went home, and Randa and I just hung out in her living room...on Facebook. You would have thought we were drunk, but we hadn't had a drop. If you want to see the full story, head over to our Facebook profiles. Again, I promise we weren't drunk! Did I mention that Randa's 82-year old neighbor does the belly dance with a real sword on her head AND has fake titties?? That's the truth! At midnight, Randa decided she wanted to paint her bathroom since Dawn said she couldn't. I had to somehow talk her out of it since the party was the next day, so I vitoed it and said I wanted Taco Villa. Randa decided she better call to see what time they closed. They were closed. :-( But Randa talked them into making me a burrito and we raced over there to get it.

The next morning, we were supposed to meet Mary in Odessa to pick out a mattress and pick up the bed that was Randa's birthday present. She called at 8:30 and said they were leaving Pecos at 9, so Randa and I went to pick up her laundry and Starbucks. When we got back to the house, we were drinking our coffee and visiting. Then we looked at the clock and realized it was 9:45. Mary was going to be in Odessa in 15 minutes. It's a 20 minute drive from Midland, AND we hadn't even showered! Yup, we were in trouble. We jumped into gear, got ready, and headed out.
We made it to Odessa in 11 minutes. Damn, we're good!

When we got to Circle P to pay for Randa's bed, I, of course, got enthralled in my favorite store on the universe. I had no idea they were ready to go until they said, "Hey, we're leaving you! We're going to lunch." This is the one store on the planet that I would skip lunch for....so I did. They went to Logan's, and I shopped. Then I picked up Randa, and we headed back to Midland. I told her I had to go get my rings from her house, because I really did forget them, but also, we had left the house a mess! The beds were unmade, make-up thrown about, etc. We were in a hurry, remember? And I knew Dawn would KILL me if she walked into the house looking that way, since my only job in this deal was to get Randa out of the house so they could set up.

So we went back to the house, got my rings and made beds and picked up. Then I told Randa to take me to SteinMart to show me the bedding she wanted. When we were headed back to the house, we got about two blocks from the house, and she said, "What are all those cars doing at my house?" Then she said, "And why are those people {she really said names here, but I can't remember them since I didn't know them} walking up to my door?" haha! Surprise!

The party was great, and she got lots of neat stuff,including a money tree.
{See that little girl behind the money tree, the 82 year old neighbor who does the belly dance gave that to Randa because she said it looked like her. umm....ok?!?!}

Dawn and Mendy (seen here with Mendy's mom) did a great job!

As the party was winding down, Melissa, NinNin, Dawn, Randa, and I sat down at her kitchen table and were visiting. Later Nin Nin told Mom we blew her skirt up and curled her hair. That c.r.a.c.k.s me up, and I'm not even sure why. Then we wanted to take a picture of the cousins, and Dawn hollered to "do the leg." Melissa totally couldn't figure it out, and that cracked me up, too.
I think my giggle box was turned over this weekend, because I was just silly. Maybe it's Randa! It really was a fun party.
Randa later had to go to Hobby Lobby to spend some of her money, Ryan, Dawn, and I went with her, then to Dawn's to sit in the hot tub. Great day!
Sunday morning we got up and went and spent more of Randa's money, went to lunch with Dawn and Ryan, and I headed home. I always say I'm going to do that more often. Maybe I will.
So I guess there's only one thing left to say:
Welcome home, Randa Kay and Palin, welcome home!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...