4/8/10

Wanna Know a Secret?

Have you met Sparkle and Andrew? I can't recall if I've introduced my grandchildren. Let me do that now.

Kylee got Sparkle (an American Girl Bitty Baby) when she was 2 from Mom Mom and Dad Dad. (You know, way back before digital cameras that just make it easy to pull up a picture from the computer and put it on your blog. So this is the first picture I could FIND of them on the computer, not that it's the first picture I have of them.It's probably not even the first picture I have of them digitally. It's just the first one I could find. hehe!)

Her name changed several times for the first couple of years, but by the time Kylee was four, her name was Sparkle Junior Onick. It is still Sparkle. Kylee and Sparkle like to dress alike, and Sparkle will be found frequently in random pictures, just because Kylee loves her. She ALWAYS travels with us, and even has her own car seat.

When Kylee was in kindergarten, she decided Santa Claus should bring Sparkle a brother. And he did, Andrew Max Onickwho is seen here in the middle with his sister, Sparkle, on the right, and his cousin (Kellie's baby) on the left in Balmorhea. You see, Kellie also got a Bitty Baby from Mom Mom and Dad Dad when she was two. I can't remember her name right now, as I think even to this day it changes regularly, but she always travels with us, too. Kylee and Kellie talk about their babies ALL the time...still! They made sure they go on all trips we take together, and they pack their bags as if something forgetten would be tragic.

As Kylee has gotten older, she still plays with mothers Sparkle. A few months ago, I began to think that maybe we were losing that. We were getting in the car, and Kylee was carrying Sparkle. All of a sudden, she opens the front passenger door, THROWS Sparkle in, and quickly shuts the door. When Kylee was in the car, she picked her baby up and smoothed her face and held her. When I asked what that was all about, she said, Mom, those two boys playing out here are in my class! But, as I say, when they were out of sight, she continued her mothering.

This leads me to the point of this whole story. ~~Took long enough, huh? I decided Sparkle's story needed to be told as well as this one, so....~~ Anyway, last night as I was tucking Kylee into bed, here's how our conversation went:

K: Mommy, today at school all my friends were trying to get me to tell them what my biggest secret was, but I just didn't. I wouldn't tell them.
M: Really? What is your biggest secret?
K: (picks up Sparkle, and shows her to me)
M: You didn't want to tell them that?
K: No! I just told them I didn't have a biggest secret. They kept saying everybody has a biggest secret, but I just told them I didn't.
M: Good for you, Bug.

Then I tucked her in her bed as she snuggled closer to Sparkle. So grown up, but still such a child.

Wanna hear Blaine's secret, too? He pooped his pants yesterday at school. It really was an accident. He was actually IN the bathroom. He just didn't get his pants down quickly enough. When I asked him if he was embarrassed, he just said, "I went straight from the bathroom to the nurse's office because I didn't want anybody to find out." Yup! He's a smart one!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...