3/29/10

Happy 6th Birthday, Blaine Caleb

Dear Blaine,

These past six years seem to have flown by, but at the same time, it seems I don't remember life without you. It is such a joy to be your Mommy. I cannot imagine a more perfect fit to our family than you. Although you are the baby of the family, you're not a baby anymore. While reflecting on your sweet life, here are some thoughts I have:
  • You've changed so much even since the beginning of the school year. You now say Mrs. Murphy; it is no longer Mrs. Muuuphy.
  • Even though you're growing to be such a big boy and turning 6, you are just now getting into size 5 clothing.
  • You still play with Max, much to our amusement, but you do not throw your hands up when the credits roll on a movie and exclaim, "It's ova!"
  • It's still cute when you say a bad word, but as your Mommy, I have to reprimand you.
  • You still say things like, "I'm never not gonna be your friend," but we have to be careful about what we say because you're old enough to listen and understand what we're saying.
  • You still call your sister "Diddy", and I hope you always do.
  • It seems like you always get sick right around your birthday. You've had a head cold this week and not felt great. On your fifth birthday, you puked all day.
  • You love t-ball, and you have such a heart for it. You are improving all the time, too. Bet you'll be short-stopping like Derek Jeter in no time.
  • I love that when we play the games you love like Skip-Bo and Uno, you say it's "bagainst" boys "bagainst" girls.
  • I love that you are all boy but still have a soft heart. You said to me just a few days ago, "Mommy, I love it when we're all home together. It makes my heart feel good."

You make my heart feel good, Birthday Boy! I can't wait to see what the sixth year holds in store for us because I know it will be fun. I love you more than you know, Blaine Caleb. Happy Birthday!

Love,

Your Mommy

Blaine on his way to school on his 6th birthday

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...