3/28/10

Blaine's 6th Birthday Party

After Blaine t-ball game yesterday, his team sang him Happy Birthday in their huddle. He had such a wide grin on his face the whole time! Then when they were done, he said, "But you're going to have to sing it to me again later at my party!"

We had Blaine's 6th birthday party at Adventure Zone yesterday. He decided he wanted a putt putt golf party, but the one on this side of town is....well, it's trashy. So we headed to the west side. As you can see, it was at Adventure Zone but with a Scooby Doo theme. (Notice his shirt and hat.)

He invited his kindergarten class, his t-ball team, and his friends from Terry's. I was a little concerned about the turn out, but it was great! Two girls from his class came, lots of his t-ball team came, and Danina and Aaralyne from Terry's came.
Even Uncle Doak and his family came.

Altogether, he had 17 friends there, so I was thrilled with the turn-out. They played games
got their faces (or arms) painted
played with the baby,
and ate.

It was so great to see my baby big boy interact with his friends and be so excited it was his birthday. It was truly a party FILLED with fun! After they kids ate, we sang happy birthday
and Blaine blew out the candles on his birthday cake.... or tried. Bless his heart! His asthma would NOT let him do it. He blew and blew and blew. I finally went behind him and blew, too, so they would go out. It did not damper his mood, though.

After the cake, we headed outside for what Blaine had really been looking forward to since we got the pinata. What a birthday game for a baseball team, too, I tell ya. They LOVED it!

Blaine gave it all he had, like he wasn't even hitting his beloved Scooby. In the end, though, much to his sister's enjoyment, it was she who finished him off
and sent the candy flying.
After we headed back inside to open presents, it was back outside for all the fun there was to be had out there. There was, of course, putt putt,
The jumpolene


Bumper boats


and go carts.

It was an amazing birthday party. I'm not sure who had more fun, the boys or their Dads! My baby boy is growing up too fast, as is his sister. He is an amazing almost six-year old. After his party, he told me, "Thank you for my party, Mommy. You are the best Mommy ever!" And that, my friends, is the only reason I go to the trouble to plan these elaborate things! (and for the pictures, of course. ;-))

After the birthday party, we headed to visit with Doak and Andrea a little more. I just had to share this AMAZING shot I got of my brother, my daughter, and my nephew. It's so sweet it makes me wanna cry!
I know it has nothing to do with this post, but...oh well! I loved it!
Blaine has decided this morning that since he's 6 now and all (by his standards only, ya'll. His mother will argue with him that he is NOT 6 until tomorrow, March 29th at 5:13 pm!), he needs to know how to ride a bike without training wheels. He and his Daddy are outside now trying. I've been confined to indoors until further notice due to my squealing, I guess. I may be back later with big news about the outcome, though.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...