7/21/12

The Young Man

The Friday before we left for Hawaii, July 6, the kids spent the kids spent the day with Dad Dad and Mom Mom. Kylee text me at work and said, Just wait 'til you see Dad Dad's new hair cut! I figured he had done a slicked back look or something. It didn't surprise me. But when I got home and saw his new 'haircut', I was totally surprised.

When I dropped the kids off at their house Friday morning, this is what Dad Dad looked like.

But when I got home that afternoon, he was a whole new man...

...a young man!

He told us that he had never been to Hawaii as a young man. He had seen a man on a cruise four or five years ago who had done the same thing, and Dad Dad decided right then and there he was going to do it. He just hadn't gotten around to it. But now he was a young man. The kids were so tickled by it. They were calling him "Young Man" every time they addressed him, and they couldn't wait for the cousins to see him. Everybody was surprised and tickled.

While we were in Hawaii, I would be looking around and not even realize it was him, or I would be looking for him and couldn't find him. When I took this picture, at first I couldn't figure out who Mom Mom was talking to.

And when I posted the luau picture of all of us on Facebook, Cookie commented, "How did y'all manage to get Tom Selleck to pose with the group?"

When we ran to see if we could find him a surfing shirt, we decided he had to pose for this picture!

And when we were at WalMart, the young man and I decided to get hats.

Even though I loved and supported his new hair style, he hated my new hat. Oh well. I rocked it all week!

I'm not sure who had more fun with his new 'haircut', us or Dad Dad. All week he was "The Young Man", and it was so fun!

And now he has been to Hawaii as a young man!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...