7/27/12

Ready, Freddy

We are ready! The kids have played baseball, danced, visited cousins, had cousins visit them, been to Port Aransas with the grandparents, and been to Hawaii. You would think there summer was so fun-filled and busy, but they are bored. They are ready to go back to school!

The day after we got back from Hawaii, we had to go register Kylee for school. When she got her schedule, she quickly teared up. They had her in band again, when we had gone up before school was out to tell them she did not want in it again, and they did not have her in theater arts. She also had aerobics on her schedule. She can be so dramatic, but this time I really did feel sorry for her. I told her I was going to address it with the counselor right then and get it fixed. I told him it was not fair for her to have to suck it up for the third year in a row and be in band, an elective, when she didn't want to. He said he knew she needed to be in theater arts and would fix it immediately. Then he asked her if she had put aerobics on her elective list, and she had. She actually said she was fine with aerobics, just not band, and not not having theater arts. He fixed it. She was happy.

We also learned they have to carry mesh or clear backpacks this year. She immediately got on the internet to find the one she wanted. (See pic below) Ever since that backpack came in, she has been so ready to hit the stores to fill it.

Last Friday, I took half a day off to do school shopping. Uniforms are so easy, and I'm going to miss them next year when Kylee goes to high school (I just threw up in my mouth) and no longer wears them. It is one-stop shopping! Because I can shop without Blaine, who is so not interested in uniforms, but would never, ever, ever shop without Kylee, even for uniforms, I picked her up before picking Blaine up from Terry's, and went to the uniform store. We got her shirts.

Of course, she hated the shorts at the uniform store. I told her to decide where she wanted to shop for them, Justice, Kohl's, PS, Target, wherever. Those were all of her favorite places to look, so I thought I was doing good. But maybe I shouldn't have mentioned anywhere because she never likes my ideas. She could not decide where to go. I said, "Kylee, you need to start making some decisions. You are 13. I can't make your decisions for you anymore. What are you going to do when you go to college and I'm not there?" She said, "Gah, Mom, I won't wear uniforms then!" Mothers are so dumb!

After we did the uniform shopping, I called Terry's to tell Blaine we were on our way to pick him up to buy school supplies. Kylee was chomping at the bit to get to Target. He said, "I don't want to go. Y'all just get my stuff. That will be fine." Ah, the differences in boys and girls.

Sunday we got their new shoes for school, and today I made their teachers little treats for the first day. Blaine got to go to the school today to meet his teacher, Mrs. Valdez. Now he knows his 'schedule', too. When we walked into the school, the coaches were sitting at a table in the entryway. He walked right over to the three of them, gave them the slap/fist bump, and said, "Well, well, boys. Long time now see." He is SUCH a Taylor! I guess the whole going to the school got him pumped to go back to school, too. He came home and wanted to put his name on all his stuff Kylee and I had gotten him, and get it in his new New York Yankee backpack.

So now everybody is packed, and we are all ready to go back to school. Summer is over for us.

On a completely unrelated note, my new camera is here! I'm so excited and am going to play with it this weekend to be ready for those first day of school shots!

I'm gonna end with a little Blaine-ism, because there was segway to it in this blog. Last night I was bathing Blaine, and a little soap splashed in his eye. He screamed like a girl. I said, "Blaine, it's tear-free!" He said, "I know, but it's still a little spicy!"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...