7/19/12

Hawaii - Extreme Sports Day 4

Tuesday, day 4 in Hawaii, was full of extreme sports. We started the day with parasailing. Mom Mom and Doak are totally not into heights, so they stayed home with Faith and Brodie, who are also not into the whole parasailing thing.

The rest of us headed to Fisherman's Wharf to catch our boat out to parasail. Kylee and McKenzie were a little hesitant, but really wanted to do it. Since you could pick your height, I said I would ride with them and we would do the 700 foot instead of the 1200 feet that everybody else was doing. Since they were so apprehensive, we wanted to go first so they wouldn't freak out at how high everybody else was going. But that's not how it works. They do the longer lines first.

So Dad Dad, Joey, and Blaine went first. Blaine doesn't look thrilled going up, but he really was. I think they just caught him in a weird moment.

As they headed up, I was so excited for them.

But they kept going. They got so high I couldn't really see them anymore. They were just little dots.

I kept reminding Kylee and McKenzie that we were not going that high. I was afraid they were getting scared. Then with my baby boy, my husband, and my dad-that-didn't-have-to-be in the air, I saw this.

Now I was freaked! They were so high! There was a plane RIGHT THERE! Everybody was saying, "Oh, that's so cool!" and "What a great picture!" This girl did not feel the same! I kept asking, "Are they okay? Does that plane see them?" Our 'captain' assured me they were fine, and the plane would not hit them. Still, I was happy when they started coming down and took their dump in the water, as did everybody.

Next it was Kyle, Michael, and Kellie's turn.

Kellie, too, looks spooked, but I assure you she was just caught in an awkward moment. Up, up, and away they went,

just as high, turning into dots,

and back in for their dunk,

only Kyle yelled to the captain that he didn't want to be wet, so that's as far in as they went. Wimp.

Next was Myra, Andrea, and Gavin.

Up, up, and away,

into dots

and back in for their dunk.

Only, they weren't as lucky as Kyle. Kyle Somebody told the captain they wanted to get really wet, and Kellie somebody else said, "Yeah, insanely wet!" Jerks.

And then it was Kylee, McKenzie, and my turn. Up, up, and away. Remember how we weren't supposed to go as high? Well, we kept going. McKenzie was fine. Kylee kept saying, "Mom, when are we going to stop?" I really thought we already should have. But we kept going. I'm positive we went as high as the others. The others actually think so, too. Then I saw this:

This is not my boys. This is me and the girls! I KNOW we were as high as them. Thank goodness, though, I don't think we stayed as long as they did. We came back in for our dunk

and were safely back on the boat with the rest.

Parasailing was amazing, and it was time to head back to the house to pick up the rest for more extreme sports.

Now we were ziplining! Even Mom Mom decided to do it! Kylee, too! Doak, not so much. Blaine, McKenzie, Faith, and Gavin really, really wanted to, but there was a minimum weight of 60 pounds. None of them weighed that. Blaine was persisitent. He kept telling one of the guys running the place that he could do it; that he wasn't scared; that he weighed 54 pounds, and that was almost 60. I'm not sure if the guy liked him or was just sick of him, but he all of a sudden had an idea. He thought he had some weight belts in the back. He went and checked. He sure did! He put the weight belt on him and weighed him. Score! McKenzie weighed. Another score. Gavin, too. Faith, on the other hand, still didn't weigh enough. Bless her heart. She was devastated. But I bought her some M&M's and a coke, and she was fine while the rest of us ziplined.

Andrea and me

Michael and Kellie

Kylee and Mom Mom

Blaine

Kylee and Andrea

Gavin

McKenzie

Dad Dad and Joey

Myra

I guess I missed Kyle. I have no idea how that happened, but I can't find a picture of him. I'll keep looking. These shirts we are wearing on our extreme sports day were designed by Doak.

He made them, purchased them, and brought us all one for our trip. Maholo, Doak!

After our extreme sporting, we checked out another beach.

It was a different beach, but it had the same beauty. There was the usually boogie boarding and wave crashing.

The big girls added in handstands in the ocean and cartwheels on the beach.

Michael and McKenzie started foot races, and before long all joined in on that, too.

Except for Mom Mom and Dad Dad. They stuck to their daily walks on the beach. Then there was a football game. It was a pretty long, intense game that the girls got into just as much as the boys did. While they were playing, Kyle or Michael, I'm not sure which, felt something under his feet, so they started digging. Look what they found!

When we were leaving the beach, Kyle was asking a man if he lived there, and how we could get back to the house, taking a route we hadn't seen before just to see something different. He was giving him directions, and his wife walked up and said they weren't going that way, but they would lead us back to the main highway (a different one than we took in). They led us out, and we pulled over and thanked them. We went around the island seeing the sights a different way. We came back across the lighthouse that I loved and decided to get out and take some pictures. While we were pulled over, the guy and his wife showed up again. They just wanted to "make sure we didn't get lost." He told us he used to play for the Denver Broncos, but he had been on the island for 30+ years. As we drove off, Michael said, "This is getting creepy!" When we got back to the house, Mom Mom was afraid of him having followed us home. Kyle said, "I'm pretty sure he's not a mass murderer, Mom." She said, "I'm not worried about him killing us. I'm worried about him taking our stuff." I said, "Oh, yea, the important stuff!" Who cares if he takes our life, as long as he doesn't take our STUFF!" It cracked me up. Kyle told us later that he had threatened Myra NOT to tell Mom how much he had told her about where we were staying. It was so funny.

We spent the rest of the night at the house, eating, swimming, and laughing before getting some rest for day 5.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...