7/30/12

First Day of School, 8th and 3rd (Updated)

Sadly, there's not much to report this morning. Kylee rolled her eyes when I asked her if she wanted to walk her in the building for her first day of 8th grade, and Blaine asked after I walked him in if I was really going to stay.

For now, I will leave you with pictures. Tonight, I will be back with their first day collages and an update.

Kylee is an 8th grader.

And Blaine is a third grader.

Blaine with his teacher, Mrs. Valdez.

Until later when I have an update...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update

Kylee's first day was a bit dramatic, but typical 13-year-old "good". They are dealing with two much too young. A classmate of hers committed suicide the day before school started, and nobody is sure why. Kylee knew who he was, but didn't know him well. We had a talk about it, and she's dealing with it well.

Her favorite part of her day was "when it was over", and her least favorite part was math.

Here she is on all of her first days of school.

Blaine also had a "good" first day back to school. He says he can tell his teacher is going to be super nice and treat them like grown-ups. He also gets to line up with the 4th and 5th graders now, and that is so great. This morning when I dropped him off, he said, "Oh, what is Derek doing over there with those 2nd graders?!" (You know, because he was a second grader a whole two months ago, and the line up for 2nd graders and 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders is a whole 20 yards apart. I can't remember if I asked him what his favorite and least favorite part was. You'll understand why in my next post.

Here he is on all of his first days of school.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...