7/17/12

Hawaii - Travel Day 1

Saturday, July 7th, we grabbed our bags and headed for the airport. Doak and his family flew out of Houston, so it was the Onicks, the Taylors, and Dad Dad and Mom Mom. Kylee cracked Dad Dad up with her new suitcase attitude. And the rest were just ready to get this show on the road! After McKenzie and I did a little mediating, which her Daddy later tried to get me in trouble with by telling McKenzie to tell her mom next time she freaked out to try a little meditation and say "ah-um".

Anyway...we hopped on an airplane to LA, then another to Honolulu, Hawaii. I was so glad Blaine caught a glimpse of Hawaii from the as we flew in because the four-hour time change did my baby boy in. Although it was only 6:30 and daylight in Hawaii, that made it 10:30 and past bedtime in El Paso. In the car on the way to the house, he crashed. He slept through the madness of checking out the house, choosing rooms, and even the kids taking a midnight evening swim.

I woke up in the middle of the night hearing his little footsteps running around and him saying, "Where am I?" I put him back in bed with us, but we were all up by 5:30, ready to start our adventures in Hawaii.

More to come...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...