5/21/12

She's Got Talent

Kylee decided this was the year she was going to try out for the talent show. I guess after doing her solo on this stage, the gym floor at school wasn't so daunting. The day of talent show tryouts, though, she had the dreaded stomach bug and missed auditions. She was bummed, but not devastated.

At dance later that week, Miss Eva, her dance instructor, decided Kylee was too good to miss the talent show. She called the school, talked to Mr. Acuna, the school counselor who put the talent show together, and Kylee was in. But she didn't want us to go. Whaa...??? I didn't want to make her more nervous or be that mom, though, so I didn't go. Jillian, her bff, promised to video it for me. The video is...well, a video by a 7th grader, I guess, but a little better than nothing My favorite part are the screams at the end. I wish Jill had let it record just a bit longer. She did let me take her picture when she got home.

I take what I can get from my teenager daughter.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...