5/31/12

The Chaperone

Tuesday I chaperoned Kylee's band field trip to Bob-o's, which is just a small amusement parks with go-carts,
bumper boats, tea cups,
mini golf, and an arcade. Kylee actually asked me to go and wanted me to go. She even sat with me on the bus!
She's always telling me when there are really bad words in a movie and I want to turn it off that she has heard it all before. I was sure she had heard some, you know, like the words she hears her dad and I say. But the really bad words, I was sure she didn't hear often. Boy, was I wrong. I learned a lot about middle-schoolers in the 21st century! Their mouths are foul! Not all of them, mind you. But some really blew my skirt up, as Nin Nin would say.

As I was actually chaperoning and helping Mrs. Lopez, her band director, watch 140 middle schoolers, I wasn't with her the whole time. It was nice, though, that she had no problem when I was around. I had a great time with my girl and hope I'll be invited back.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...