5/24/12

Creative Copycat

I am not creative. I didn't get that gene, just like I didn't get the fashion gene. It's not in me. In fact, I think Randa Kay got ALL the stylish genes. *badwordinsertedhere*

Anyway, I can't think creatively, but you give me an idea, and I can execute. Yessirree! And that's why Pinterest is my new best friend. They have all the ideas, and I copy them. Sometimes I even take credit for them and don't tell I'm just a copycat.

At school year end, I always need an idea for teachers' gifts. I think having a mother for a teacher fuels the need to give to them. I know how hard they work. I know the hours they put in that aren't at school. And I know what they are paid. May came around, and to Pinterest I spent some time. There were so many ideas to choose from that I knew I could pull off, so I let the kiddos narrow them down. Both of Blaine's teachers and two of Kylee's academic teachers got flowers in a vase I made.

Y'all don't even know how proud of myself I am for this. I'm not bragging. After all, it wasn't even my idea, but oh em gee, how cool are these?!? And I made four of them for less that 25 bucks!

Kylee wanted something different for her theater arts teacher and her band director, so she picked these.

They are filled with Skittles, and for the 'juices', I put Bahama Bucks gift cards in them. After I did those two, I decided to go back and get three more for her dance teachers to receive at her recital this weekend.

I have no shame in being a copycat. Thanks, Pinterest!! My kids' teachers thank you, too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...