5/14/12

2nd Grade Kinda Love

A couple of weeks ago, Blaine told me he heard a song on the radio that I liked, and he needed me to find it on You Tube for him. He actually sang me a little part of it so I could help him find it. It was Uncle Cracker's 'Smile'. I found it, and he went on about his business. Then a few days later, he asked begged me to take the afternoon of Friday, May 11th off because he had a very special surprise for me at school. Oh, and I needed to give him my favorite nail polish.

He was so excited all week, but he wouldn't tell me much. He would just say, "Mom, you're sure you're going to get off? You're sure you're going to be there at two?" The night before, he could hardly contain himself. He packed my nail polish in his backpack and reminded me to be there at two.

When the moms walked into the classroom, we were greeted by our child with a hug, and they led us to their desks. On the desks were homemade 'place mats'.

Hats off to Mom! Each hat had a different description he wrote about me.

1) My mom is a teacher. She taught me how to take care of a pet.

2) My mom is a chauffer. She drives me to school.

3) My mom is a magician. She can always find lost things. Once she found my iPod.

4) My mom is a nurse. She always makes me feel better when she gives me a hug.

5) My mom is a sanitation worker. When she sees my room, she says asome. (awesome)

6) My mom is a cook. I love it when she makes steak.

Then they had a presentation where they each drew a picture with what they would give their mother if they could give her anything in the world.

Then I figured out why my boy wanted that song.

I'm not gonna lie. It was hard to video that with the tears filling my eyes.

I was then treated to an amazing manicure, the best I've ever had!

And a massage.
After the cookies and juice Blaine served me, I then got a present.
They entered their own words on their computer program to produce this.

It was the best Mother's Day I've ever had with my boy! I heart 2nd grade kinda love!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...