5/23/12

Onick-Created Longhorn

Kylee had to be a longhorn in a play for theater arts they were putting on for kindergartners through 1st graders. We looked and looked and looked for some longhorns and a tail or something for her to wear. We found nothing. Well, we found a longhorn costume, like Bevo, for a cost of $1,500. Ummm...no. So we had to get creative. I had an idea to make some longhorns and attach them to a headband. Her daddy had an idea for a tail. Sunday afternoon, at the last possible minute (the play was Monday), we got busy.

We Her daddy made the horns.

And his idea for the tail.

She also took a white t-shirt and painted brown spots on it. I didn't take a picture of that because I was going to get a picture of the whole costume together. Since she didn't assemble it all and model it for us, I asked her to get somebody to take a picture of her with her phone at the play. Of course, she forgot. I told her when she got home to put the whole costume on so I could get a picture, but one of the horns got broken on the way home in her backpack, so she didn't want to. So, once again from my teenager daughter, I give you what I've got.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...