6/1/10

Memorial Madness - Sunday

The first part of Sunday was lazy. I figured both kids really needed the rest, after all of Kylee's dress rehearsals and Blaine's late night. Kylee and I made pancakes; I started my laundry; and the boys did what boys do, whatever that is.

Then it was time to get ready for the recital, which was another round of hair curlers, make-up, hairspray, and glitter.This is just one of her costumes. We aren't allowed to take pictures or video at the recital because there are just too many parents. They do it all for us, and we get it later. As I dropped her off, though, I realized there aren't many pictures of the two of us since I'm always on the other side of the camera. So we took one.

Kylee had two sets of special guests at her recital this year. The Garcias (another t-ball family) have a little girl named Penelope. Penelope LOVES Kylee and wanted to come watch her dance. Blaine was excited to have Isaiah thereto keep him company...and play games. They both did so well during the 2 1/2 hour show! When it was over and the dance companies had taken their final bow , Penelope wanted to go with me up to the stage to get Kylee because she had brought her something special. Sweet!


There were more post-show pictures with the dancer and her
grandparents.


She specifically asked for a picture with her brother.
It warmed my heart!

Now, remember when I said earlier Kylee had two sets of special guests at her recital? Well, her teacher and first teacher/student crush (sshhh!) and his wife came! It was so special for her! He's such a great guy! She was texting him from back stage. After the first dance, she texted him and said, Did you like? He said, I loved. You see, he was sitting right next to me and showing me all of this. After every dance, they texted each other. At one point, he looked at me and said, "That girl's got some moves!" I said, "Yeah, she didn't get it from me!" After her "Wild Thing" dance, he texted her and said, Wild Thing? Wow! You go, Girl! I can just hear her giggling now!

After the recital, he and his wife and their two kids treated us to dinner. It really was a great time! We were the last ones in the restaurant, and the kids thought that was really cool! He and
Joey also discovered they like the SAME music! He HATES country, which Kylee had already told me, and so does Joey. He loves the head banger junk Joey does, and his wife hates it, as do I. They are already talking about going to concerts together so she and I don't have to go. Double yay! I don't have to go to that stuff, and he will be in our lives longer.

It was a special day, indeed!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...