6/24/10

Hip Hip Jorge (from the Yankees, that is!)

These are a few of our favorite things: The Hayes, the Yankees, Phoenix, and vacations. So when the Yankees were playing in Phoenix and the Hayes wanted to go watch them play with us, we were so in!

Saturday we were on our way! We traveled most of the day, so we had a low-key dinner at the Yard House and hung out at the room.

Sunday was Father's Day, so we had to carry our gifts with us. The kids woke up Joey with his,and he wore the little special one from his daughter for the day. (My dad shoulda had one of these! I LOVE it!)

After just chilling for the morning, (This is where the boys were every morning before everybody else got up, playing their DS's) we headed to see Toy Story 3 in 3D, did a little grocery shopping for the room, and headed to Chelsea's Kitchen for an early Father's Day Dinner. Kylee even celebrated a bit by having filet mignon off of the adult menu! I have to say she ate EVERY bite (except the one her Mom took to try it). Then we headed back to the room for some hot tub time before bed.

Monday, the day we'd all been waiting for, GAME DAY! We spent the early part of the day in the pool since the boys decided we needed to leave for the game four hours before even started to beat the traffic and see batting practice. So after getting spiffied up in our respective team gear, we headed out. There was NO traffic, and we ended up having to sit outsidein the Arizona heat, which I'm pretty sure is close to the temperatures of hell as I hope to ever feel, and wait for the doors to open. Let me tell you, though, when we got in the door and those Yankees walked out on the field and I saw my baby boy's face when he saw them, I would have sat IN hell just to give him that experience. He saw all of his favorite players! Derek Jeter Alex Rodriguez and Jorge Posada. He was in heaven! Monday night line-up

Believe it or not, Kylee enjoyed herself, too.She and Katy were much more interested in the food, drinks, picture taking and people watching, but they enjoyed it all the same.

Before we left for Phoenix, I had gotten an email from a friend saying her brother had extra tickets to the game if I wanted them. I figured it would be a nice way for Joey to spend Father's Day with his Dad, since his Dad LOVES the Yankees and baseball, too. So Papa and Nana ended up driving up, too. The Yankees lost Monday night, but just being there was unbelievable!

Tuesday, since we weren't going to the game SO early and because the being in the sun and pool all afternoon had made the boys a little crabby for a late night, we decided to stay indoors for the day. We had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, and then Lisa wanted to take me to Teavana. I found my new vice! We went in there, tasted teas, smelled teas, mixed teas, and I LOVED it! I left there a two-fisted tea drinker!Then it was on to something for the kids. Katy informed me that these cupcakes will "change your life." I wasn't in the mood for a cupcake, though, so I went next door,and I was back in heaven.

Then it was back to the ballpark for Tuesday night's lineup. A Rod hit a homerun and brought he and Jeter in for two runs.The Yankees won, and it was an awesome game and an awesome end to our first New York Yankee experience!

1 comment:

mbc said...

What a FUN time!
LOVE the shirt.
Oh, Teavana. I want one!
YAY Sprinkles..even though I've never been I'm a fan.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...