6/1/10

Memorial Madness - Friday

Memorial Day weekend was definitely memorable!! It was insanity, really, but I wouldn't trade a minute of it.

Kylee's dance recital is always Memorial Day weekend. She has dress rehearsal Friday night and Saturday. So after going home from work, curling her hair, putting her make-up on, and getting her to Magoffin auditorium, I headed back to spend time with my boys. (Parents are NOT allowed at dress rehearsal)

It was Carlo's (our 1st baseman) birthday at Peter Piper Pizza. Several of the boys on the team were there and they had such a good time! The party started at six, and when I left at 9:15 to go get Kylee, they were still going strong. They combined all their game tickets to get better prizesand ended up with a HUGE grand total!They are truly a team, on and off the field!

After I picked up Kylee and got home, I found that the party had been moved to our backyard. It wasn't the WHOLE party, just the t-ball boys and their dads. I sat and visited with them for a while, but Kylee had to be back at Magoffin the next morning at 7:30, again with hair rolled, make-up on, AND fed, so I decided to head to bed. I woke up at 3:00 AM! and they were still awake! Not just the big boys, either. The little boys were still going strong, too! I told Joey I thought it was PAST time for the six-year olds, at least, to be in bed.

Then next morning when I got home from dropping Kylee off at Magoffin again, this is how I found my son! Evidentally, he jumped out of the swing and turned around to be a show off, and the swing whacked him in the eye. I told him he shouldn't have been up that late anyway, and he said, "But it's the weekend. And I'm a boy. That's what boys do!"

I should have know then that's how this weekend was going to go!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...