12/18/11

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I love watching my kids do what they do. Usually it's baseball and dance. Sometimes it's special things, like Christmas concerts. Going to their Christmas concerts makes me want to jump up, grab a microphone and sing at the top of my lungs, "It's the most wonderful time of the year!" I wouldn't, of course, but only because it would mortify Kylee them and I'm pretty sure she they would just quit telling me about them. So I sit quietly, choking back tears, and grin...a lot.

Tuesday night Blaine had his Christmas program. He told me Monday night he had to wear his suit with a Christmas tie. When you watch the video, you'll realize that wasn't exactly the truth. I found out they were to wear black pants and a white shirt, and Mr. Strut His Stuff told all of his friends he was gonna wear his 'tuxedo' and look amazing. I'll admit, he did look amazing.
Click here
to see him do his thing.




















Mrs. Martinez, who is on maternity leave, came to see him them perform. He was SO happy to see her!
















His grandparents that were in town came, too.

Oh, we were there, too, of course.
















The next night Kylee, looking pretty dapper herself, in a real tuxedo shirt, had her band concert. Her band director is also on maternity leave, and she also came to see them perform. Again, Kylee was so excited to see her. I shoulda been a teacher, 'cause evidentally my kids adore them. (Mom Mom is a teacher, too. Prime example.)
Click Song 1, Song 2, and Song 3 to hear them play. They did a really good job. So did the substitute band director taking Mrs. Lopez's place! (Sorry about the song that was cut off. My memory stick ran out of room because I didn't format it, so I had to go delete some stuff.)



Kylee also had all of her dance open houses this week, which is where I got the dancer pics in the earlier post. Although we have been super busy and never home to wrap gifts, we are total caught up in the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...