12/11/11

6th Annual Tree Trip

Today we went for our SIXTH annual tree trip. Joey is harvesting, as I seem to have mentioned in the last several posts, and he couldn't go. The kids were so upset, but we went anyway and enjoyed our time.

It was a gorgeous day! I was so worried about it being so cold, but the sun was shining, and the kids were enamoured with the snow.

I had to remind them we were there for a tree! So after some snow angels
we set out and found the perfect tree.
I can't wait to see it decorated, because I'm pretty sure this is my favorite tree EVER! So Papa and the kids got to the business of cutting it down.
And after a short break for Mom to get a picture,

it was back to the snow. Kylee was in her own little snow world.
The snow absolutely thrilled her, which, of course, thrilled me.

Then there were snow ball fights
and the building
and completion of snowmen...
or a snowdog and a snow Perry the Platapus, as the case may be.

We were then off to town to eat. Blaine has loved our waitress since we started eating at "The Western Bar" in 2008. She wasn't there last year, and we were afraid it was the end of the love affair. But low and behold, we walked in today, and there she was. She knew immediately who that boy was, too!

My baby boy is growing up. When we first met her, he was flirting with her. (Notice his hand on her leg in 2008) Today he was shy, and I'm sure I've never seen him that red! But then there was a cheers that she was there.

Okay, maybe the toast wasn't because she was there, but it worked with my story! She even gave me her email address and asked me to send her the pics of all the years of them together. And we don't even know her name!

After the usual shopping, time on the playground,

and a stop at the Old Apple Barn,we were homeward bound.

Thanks, Papa and Nana, for such a great time every year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...