12/30/11

Mom's Favorite Day of the Year

Christmas Eve is my favorite day of the year!! It's relaxing yet full of anticipation, excitement, and nonstop chatter.

After we got dressed for our second annual Christmas Eve party with the Onicks,
we continued with our own Christmas Eve tradition. The kids exchange gifts from each other and give us our gifts from them. Although they had given each other enough hints earlier in the day that they had both guessed what they were getting, it really did not dim their excitement.

Kylee got Blaine walkie talkies to go 16 MILES! And Blaine got Kylee an art set that he spent at least 30 minutes on the floor of Hobby Lobby with all the art sets they had spread out to pick the perfect one!

Another reason this is my favorite day of the year? I get to see what my kids pick just for me. Kylee spent her own money at school with a teacher and bought me Scentsy bars. Be still my beating heart! And Blaine picked bath salts, because "I know how you love your bath and smells, Mom." My heart may just burst.


Then we moved to Dad. He got a Wii game from Blaine and a Grumpy sweatshirt from Kylee, both carefully thought over and picked out.


Before we left for the party, we got a picture of the kids with their best friends.

Don't be fooled by the near perfect picture. This was quite a feat to get!

While at the Onick party, we tracked Santa on the Santa Tracker on my phone. Blaine was obsessed! He carried my phone around all night with updates on where he was. Chili, Argentina, Valenzuela, New York, and then...

Time to head home!!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...