6/20/11

NYC Adventure - Day 4

I was up first Monday morning while the rest of my family fought getting up, so I headed out to Starbucks to get some coffee and breakfast. I knew the one right across from the hotel did not have Kylee's Ham Artisan sandwich, so I decided to find another since they are on just about every corner. I walked one street over. Not only was there a Starbucks with sandwiches, lookwhat else I found. We had been there four days now, and had no idea David Letterman's studio was on the street just in front of our hotel! Again, amazing city!

After rousing the troops, refilling our MetroCard,and hitting another subway, we arrived at Battery Park
to stand in thislong line to ride this ferryto see Herin all her glorious wonder! The Statue of Liberty is truly a sight to behold! Her whole island is a sight to behold. The skyline of New York City behind heris so exciting to see, knowing we have been in and will go back into the middle of it where the buildings are so tall you can't see beyond the one you are in front of. Her parkis perfect for pictures, finding big green foliage not found in El Paso, running, and striking a pose.My boys were beyond excited to see the Liberty Bikethey had watched Orange County Choppers build on TLC. They heart OCC!

After exploring the gift shop and creating copper shading, we jumped back on the ferryto go explore. There may be just too much history that my kids are still a little young for here, but Joey's great grandfather came over on a boat to be received at Ellis Island, so he was excited to see what he could find.Although he didn't have the exact information he needed to find him (like the exact spelling of their name before they changed it to Onick at Ellis island), it was still very interesting to see the gathering roomwhere they gathered, the room where all their luggagecame in, and buildingthey saw first when they reached the land of the free. Although the kids weren't so interested in all that, they loved cartwheelsand ice creamon the grounds. They had evidentally expended so much energy, they needed a reston the ferry on the way back to the city.

Our next scheduled stop was Ground Zero, and as we were leaving Battery Park, we accidentally stumbled upon theIt was so cool and so humbling all at the same time, as was the fire stationdirectly across from the site of the World Trade Centerand all the memorials around

I tried on my whole trip to stay on track with my Weight Watchers, at least for the most part. I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich at Ellis Island that was so awful that I was starving by the time we left Ground Zero. Kylee had been craving the Olive Garden, I guess a familiar taste, so we got back on the subway back to Times Square for supper. On our walk home, we stopped off at the M&M Storeand then went "home" to wait for Papa and Nana to arrive for the Yankee game on day 5!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...