6/2/11

Blaine's 1st Grade Awards


My baby boy said goodbye to 1st grade today. I had his clothes all laid out this morning, but he did not approve. I resigned myself to the fact he was going to wear a Yankee t-shirt and some basketball shorts, and I convinced myself I was going to be fine with that. It was his day, after all. When he came out wearing this,I was presently surprised.

On the way to school, he was lining me out. The ceremony started at 12:30, so I should probably leave the courthouse at 11:50 so I wouldn't be late because they had made their own power points, and it was gonna be awesome. Joey and I both made it on time, and all the parents were greeted like celebrities as we walked in the door. All the kids screamed, "Hi, Blaine's mom!" And Blaine yelled, "Mommy!" (Oh, how I love elementary school when they still call me Mommy in front of their friends!) It was so fun to watch him interactwith his friends before the ceremony started.

Mrs. Sanchez called each child up one by one to receive their awards. Blaine received a Being Responsible Award, Readers are Leaders, Principal's Honor Roll Certificate (on the Honor Roll all year), a certification that he is a published author in the Sierra Vista Literary Anthology (his published work is supposed to be sent home tomorrow), and a Certificate of Athletics (which we are told is given to ONE boy and ONE girl in ALL of first grade.)

After all the children had been presented, they each presented their own presentation describing themselves using the letters in their names.

And they each had made an All About Me.


Mrs. Sanchezdid an amazing job putting together this small bragfest for their parents, not to mention the work she did throughout the year with Blaine and his friends. Ricardo, Ariana, Briana, and Derek

2nd grade, here we come!!



P.S. Just as I was leaving with my chest puffed out, I noticed this framed in the hallway.My head almost didn't fit through the door.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...