4/25/11

On a Roll...and The Road

The kids and I left Thursday after Blaine's Easter egg hunt at school for our annual Clovis trip. Joey rode with Mom and Dan Friday.

Our trip, driving-wise, was an uneventful one. My son, on the other hand, made it quite entertaining.

As we are leaving school, I notice a "77" written on his hand. I said, "Hey, buddy, what's that?" He said, "The only eggs I could put in my basket had to have a 77 on them. It was like a math lesson." I said, "Oh, cool. So like a math lesson and Easter egg hunt in one." He said, "Yeah. It was better in Kinder. Kinder was all about fun. Not everthing was a lesson."

We head on down the road to the Border Patrol checkpoint station. As we pull up, he says, "These check points are so dumb. Everybody knows this is the United States!" When we get to Ruidoso, I saw where the trees had burned in the fires. I told the kids to look. Kylee asked how I knew that's where it was. Blaine said, "Duh, Diddy! All the trees are BALD!"

We were on the road, and he was on a roll to our annual Grandmommy's Easter. More to come on that!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...