4/30/11

Enjoying the Small Things

On this Saturday morning at home alone while the boys are at practice and the girl is spending a morning with her grandparents, these are the small things I enjoy.

*The simplicity of my children in their prayer, but knowing they believe in what they are saying. ^ One of Kylee's this week. "Dear God, please don't let there be big consequences for all of us in a little food fight at school!"
^ One of Blaine's this week. "Dear God, please don't let us have another substitute tomorrow. We already had one Monday and Tuesday. That's enough."

*The ability to know my chidren's personalities...and be okay with them. ^One morning this week as I was tying Blaine's shoes on the couch, Kylee comes stomping down the stairs with her morning look on her face..you know, the I-just-smelled-a-fart-one. Blaine said, "What is her problem?" I said, "Nothing Blaine. She just doesn't do mornings." He said, "OH yea!"

*Silliness. Period. ^Blaine came in my room one night after we had put them to bed and just started talking some crazy language. I said, "What?" He giggled like a girl and ran back to bed.

*Chapstick. ^Kylee is always stealing my chapstick...always. She asked me for some before dance the other night, and I said, "You already took it." She said, "Oh, yea, sorry, Mom." Then as she got out of the car, she said, "BTW, thanks for the chapstick." The last thing I heard as she closed the door was a giggle.

*And as I get off this computer to do laundry for the past two weeks since we were out of town last week, yes, I am even thankful for laundry. I am thankful for the dirt on everything Blaine because it reminds me I have an amazing boy. I am thankful for the lip gloss Kylee left in her pockets, all of them, because I am reminded I have a sweet girl.

Happy Saturday.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...