7/1/10

Daydream Believer

Kylee and Kellie have been on the phone every day this week for HOURS! I knew the first night they were talking was about their babies and what was required for them in DisneyWorld. I soon realized there was so much more to their plans than DisneyWorld.

One night, after they had been on the phone about an hour and a half and it was 10:00 at night, I told Kylee to get off the phone and get in the shower. I went and laid back down on my bed. She came in, and this is how our conversation went:

K: Mom, me and Kellie were talking, and we already have almost $800 saved if we put our money together.
M: That's awesome. Why are you going to put your money together?
K: For college! We figure since we're 11 and almost 10 now, by the time we are 18, we can save at least $2000. Then we'll have enough to get us a big apartment while we're in college until we can finish college and get real jobs to keep paying.
M: I don't think $2000 will do it.
K: Yes, it will. We're writing songs that we are going to sell. I told Kellie that Mr. G (her teacher) is a DJ, and he will probably record our songs for free so we can sell them. That will pay for our bills and stuff that will be on the apartment.
M: Sounds like y'all have a plan.
K: Yup, I've already started writing songs. We would have more money, but Kellie is going to spend her birthday money from this year on a laptop. Since I did, it's only fair.
M: Kylee, you know your Daddy and I and Uncle Kyle and Aunt Myra will help y'all in college, right?
K: I know, but we are still going to save for a big apartment.

I figured there wasn't a whole lot left for me to say. I certainly didn't want to discourage their participation in their college education finances!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...