7/2/10

The Daddy Store

When Kylee was younger ~~ I don't remember how much younger because, well, I didn't blog then, therefore I didn't keep up with stuff. But I do know it was before Blaine, so she was younger than four ~~ she asked us one day while we were shopping, "What is the name of this store?" The answer was Lowes. She said, "Well, that's a dumb name! They should call it The Daddy Store!"

Today, the kids and I were leaving after having lunch at PeiWei, walking across the parking lot to the car. Kylee said, "Mommy, do you know what I would do if won the lottery?" I said, "What, Bug?" She said, "I would buy Daddy a hardware store called The Daddy Store." I said, "Oh, that would be cool!" She said, "Yeah, 'cause I always dreamed of walking from school to his store and just hanging out."

Then tonight we went to have ice cream for dinner (yearly event on the first Friday of July), and there were several empty stores in the shopping center. She took her Dad around to look at which one he wanted her to rent him. They decided on one and also decided that since it's called The Daddy Store, it would be half hardware and half sporting goods.

Can you BELIEVE he sometimes doubts his importance in her life? Crazy, huh?!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...