11/17/09

You shall have no other Gods before Me

Kylee's reading homework tonight was myth about The San people who live in the Kalahari Desert. The myth is about "Kaang", who supposedly created all life. She was NOT happy about this...at ALL! There is only ONE God, and Kaang is NOT it! She evidentally wanted her teacher and whoever else happened to see this homework assignment, to know it, too!

After she went to bed, I was reading her text message, (as I do from time to time because I AM the Mom, and I need to know what's going on, especially in this crazy world of technology) and my first born is growing up! Our friend Katy had a diabetic crash of sorts yesterday. She was almost admitted to the hospital. I told Kylee to say a little prayer for her last night. She was REALLY worried about her. As I was reading her text messages today, I found a conversation the two of them had. It went like this:
Kylee: How are you?
Katy: I'm better. I almost had to go to the hospital but I didn't.
Kylee: Good! You gave me a heart attack.
:-)

Blaine is also growing up! He is learning so much so fast. Tonight I kept telling him to get in the bathtub. He finally said, "Mommy, you are like the Earth. You go around and around and around." ha! Then later he said, "I think I'm so tired because we have to 'fall back' in time." (Daylight Savings) I said, "You're so smart. We already did that, though." He said, "How do you know? Did Mrs. Murphy tell you too?" I wanted to say, There is only ONE God, Blaine, and it's NOT Mrs. Murphy. But I just hugged his neck and laughed.

1 comment:

Corrie Gideon said...

That is great! I can't wait till Ella is Kylee's age! I love reading your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...