11/28/09

Welcome Pilgrims to Thanksgiving!


The girls (Kylee and Kellie) made this sign welcoming everybody to Kyle and Myra's house on Thanksgiving day.

We woke up Thanksgiving morning, VERY early morning, to two sick kiddos. McKenzie has the chicken "pops", and Blaine was coughing and had a really runny nose. He does NOT, however, have a cleft pallet. He just wiped his nose so much, his upper lip literally bled! He was so sad that he didn't go hunting, so sad. He told me, I'm not going to ask you anymore. I'm just going to ask Pops. He'll let me go! So I told him, Me and Pops will fight! You are NOT going. He said, But I don't want you to fight (sobbing).
When my dad showed up, he walked right up to him, hugged his leg, and said, I'm sick. I can't go hunting. Then he walked by me, gave me a look reserved for those he despises and said, I told him I can't go. You don't have to fight.
I'm not the meanest mother in the world. I really did feel sorry for him. I felt sorry for me, too! I was SUPPOSED to go to Ruidoso with just the girls, which also got ruined! I DID let him have a little fun. Okay, okay. He didn't actually get to GO on this ride, but he did get to get ON the ranger!

There was lots of eating


playing games

a little fishing>


and LOTS of snuggling!





Pardon the pajamas and lack of makeup. We had TWO sick kids in the house, remember, and the worst part is ALWAYS in the middle of the night!

There were also grands and greats,



cousins,



turkeys of all kinds,

new things to look forward to next Thanksgiving,

and don't forget the Annual "Rubbing of the Feet" (Kellie's words)





You don't even have to read this post, only look at the pictures to see how blessed our Thanksgiving was, despite sicknesses and ruined trips, and how much we have to be thankful for!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...