11/10/09

Sick no more!

Well, everybody's well at our house again, so we had a nice weekend! Sorry I didn't blog yesterday, but, ya know, it was a pretty special day for a pretty special lady, and it needed to be dedicated all to her!

As the kids headed back to school after three days missed, luckily they didn't miss much school work....or at least work we had to make up. Kylee had a little extra, but she handled it well. Blaine's class got a new t-shirt while he was gone.

He keeps telling me over and over and over that he HAS to wear it EVERY Friday and EVERY holiday. It's a pretty cool shirt. They each got to design their own face and write their own name. I LOVE it!


Friday night we did pizza and pay per view. Heaven! Kylee and I watched The Proposal upstairs while Joey and Blaine watched something about Babe Ruth downstairs.
Saturday morning, the boys headed to t-ball, and the girls went shopping. It was the annual Christmas Fair downtown. We always get carmel and chocolate covered apples and all kinds of dips, etc. This year there was this machine there that just vibrates your muscles. Mom got on it and was convinced it would help my fibromyalgia. To make a very long story very short, I bought it. I love it. I hope it really does help! I will do ANYTHING at this point for relief.

When we got back to Mom's house, Kylee ran straight for her favorite spot!

She even complained that I NEVER let her stay there, and she NEVER gets to be there, and I ALWAYS want to go home. So...I left her there!

When I got back to the house, I asked Blaine if he had a good time doing boy stuff. He said, We only got to go to t-ball. We didn't do anything fun. It's not fair. Life's never fair, is it? So we went to eat dinner and went to the baseball store.

Sunday, we had a nice day around the house. I did laundry, the kids played, watched TV, just hung out. I had decided, since Blaine didn't have curtains, he needed some. My idea was to get a curtain rod and hang all his caps on it, both storage and decoration. Not as many of his caps as I thought will actually GO on it, as they are either fitted or don't come apart at the back.

I'm positive, though, that this will fill up and become what I had intended.

Later Sunday afternoon, Dad Dad and Mom Mom showed up. Mom was carrying a bowl of dill dip (one of the ones we tasted at the Fair) and some chips. Unbenounced to me, my daughter had called her and asked her to make the dip, bring that and chips, and come over and visit. Is it worse that Kylee called or that Mom did it? Oh, well, the dip and the company was great!

Yesterday morning as I dropped the kids off at school, I saw Kylee RUN away from Blaine as he yelled for her. I sent her a text that I saw that and it wasn't very nice (ain't technology great?!). She, of course, didn't respond. Aw, siblings!
So now we're back to a regular week. Well, sorta. The kids and I have tomorrow off for Veteran's Day. We'll see what we can get into tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...