11/16/09

Not Me Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I did NOT feel so bad one day last week that I totally blew off picking up the kids, making dinner, seeing if homework was done, or any other "Mommy" duties. I did NOT feel this bad because somehow I SWITCHED my fibromyalgia meds so that I was taking the WRONG ONE!!

I did NOT not only allow my child to be a tattletale, but encouraged it, at a birthday party where another child stole MY child's crappy little toy! I DID NOT try to take said toy from the other child, only to have him pull away from me. So I did not wait until my son came back and cried for his toy to tell him to go tell the other child's dad. That dad did not make his child give my child the crappy little Peter Piper toy back, only to make THAT child cry instead of mine. And it was NOT me who totally did not feel bad about any of it!

I did NOT tell my perfectionist kiddo that I thought all this testing the state was doing was stupid and as long as she did her best, I was not mad if she failed. I then did not tell said child not to tell MY mother what I had said. (Sorry, Mom)

I did NOT let my son, who is all of a sudden scared our house is going to burn down (thanks, kindergarten, for teaching him about escape plans and fire alarms), come and get in bed with me after his Daddy had taken him BACK to bed twice, just because I wanted to smell his sweet head and feel his soft skin.

NOPE, NOT ME! I would never even consider the aforementioned scenarios!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...