11/19/09

Ecstatic!

Blaine had his first field trip today to Americas High School to the cosmetology department. (Don't ask why. I have NO idea.) Anyway, they sent a note home last week asking if they could get their hair cut there. I talked to Blaine about it, and he was adament that he did NOT want his hair cut there, only at the barber shop with Tina. When Mom Mom picked him up from school after the field trip, he told her they went on vacation. Then when I got to him, he was mad because "I" didn't let him get his hair cut. ugh!

I think he is having a growth spurt. He's always tired, sleeps late, falls asleep in the car on the way home from school, eating A LOT, etc. When he gets tired, EVERYTHING makes the child who usually rolls with the flow cry. He turns into the drama KING of the house. He'll say nobody loves him. He'll say whatever we did or said makes it "worser". He just becomes very sensitive. Last night after AWANA I asked him if he got to go to the treasure chest (which has candy and prizes, and they get to go if they say three verses or more). He said, "Yeah. Want me to show you what I got?" Of course, I did, but before he could get it, Kylee said, "It's stickers." He, of course, started crying and said, "Diddy, now you just made my life ruined!"

Then! after we were finished praying on Blaine's bed, Blaine wanted to read his Bible some more. I told him no, that it as time for bed. He cried and cried. Finally, I just gave him the Bible. He hugged it like a stuffed animal and was satisfied. He even slept with it like it was Cowboy.

As I went to get up, I stuck my feet in Joey's face, just being silly. He made a big production of it, and Kylee said, "You do gross stuff all the time!" He said, "I have NEVER stuck my feet in your face. I have only farted." I said, "Oh, yeah! Which is worse?" And Kylee said, "Your farts are WAY worse." Joey gave her an ugly (but totally just playing) look, and the drama QUEEN said, "Oh yeah, I just went there!" while wagging her head and finger. Joey grabbed her finger, still totally playing, and was twisting it. Blaine started bawling and screaming, "DON'T fight in my room. It makes my heart break!" Bless his heart. We assured him we were just playing and loved his neck.

This morning, Kylee told me she needed to spray her bangs with water becuase she didn't want them "ecstatic".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...