11/15/09

A Weekend of Firsts

We had a weekend of first around here.

Kylee made the district science fair for the first time. She didn't place, but I am so proud of her. I NEVER thought she would be able to present something like that in front of strangers, but she did! She wasn't even nervous. You've come a long way, baby!

She chose to wear that outfit because she said the skirt made her look smart.

After that, as you can see from the previous post, she had a sleep over with her dance company at the studio. They planned a dance workshop and a talent show, and of course, to stay up all night. I sent her a text at 10:00 and asked if she was having fun. I got a reply at 2:30 AM! I figured at that point she was probably going to sleep. ha! When I picked her up at 8:00 this morning, I was told they were up until 5:30. We WERE going to go to church, and she LOVES going to church. I told her we'd go to church and then she could take a nap. She told me, "I just can't do it, Mom." So we just came home. She told me she wanted some pancakes before her nap. She never made it. When I took her her pancakes, she was OUT!

Joey carried her to her room. It's 11:30 now, and we've heard not a peep from her. I have no idea how wonderful it was or who won the talent show yet. I'll update that when she recovers from her first all-nighter.

Blaine had his first birthday party invitation from a classmate in kindergarten. He's such a stud. The minute he got there, the girls were swarming him, fighting over him, chasing him. The birthday boy, Derrek,

was so happy he was there. Blaine was the only boy (from their class) to go. He gave him the Optimus Prime off his cake AND some of his toys he got with tickets. What a sweet kid!
These are the kids in Mrs. Murphy's class that were at the party.

Yup, he's a shorty like his Mama!

Thank you, God, for letting me be a Mommy and enjoy the first of my children's lives.

1 comment:

mbc said...

Wow, SO proud of Kylee and her Science Fair Project!

Love the all-nighter story too...bless her heart, remember when we used to pull all nighters?

So glad Blaine was a hit at the birthday party--ha! What a cutie!

What a great Mommy you are, honey!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...