11/4/09

4-3-2-1-ZERO

4 days, 3 dogs, 2 sick kids, 1 me, 0 breaks!
That's right! I've been cooped up in my house four days with sick kiddos! Thanks and praise to God, it is NOT swine flu...or even seasonal flu for that matter!! They have been running fevers (102), coughing a LAWT, sneezing, blowing noses, all that yucky stuff. I am permanently perfumed with Clorox wipes, I'm afraid. The kids are feeling much better, headed back to school tomorrow, and Joey and I have no symptoms. I think Clorox smells pretty good right about now, even if every time I go near them, the kids scream, "Again?!?!"

Blaine's started Saturday morning with a low grade fever and coughing. He seemed to feel better, as you see from the Halloween pictures, but now I think that night may not have been the greatest idea I ever had. Kylee's started Sunday the same way. She felt really bad Sunday morning, started to feel better it seemed Sunday afternoon, crashed Sunday night. So she was just one day behind Blaine.

Yesterday afternoon, Blaine obviously felt better because he wanted me to get my camera to take this picture of he and his buddies. Can you tell he had cabin fever? I really think he could have gone back to school today, but as SOON as I mentioned school yesterday, he started fake coughing and crying.

His sister, on the other hand, being a day behind him and all, I knew was not headed back to school today. Last night with all the commotion of the TV, dinner, boys being boys, etc, this is how I found her on the couch.
I soon realized she would NOT be headed back to school today. Just as I suspected, when I woke her to give her her medicine, her temp was 102.

I decided since she had to stay home today, I would just let Blaine stay, too. I figured since I had to be home, it was better for him to have another day without being exposed to whatever is at school. By this afternoon, they were both feeling better. THey wanted to make brownies, but I was exhuasted and said no. Kylee asked if they could do it all alone, so they did!

You can't tell from this picture, but they have fought ALL DAY LONG today! About EVERYTHING! And NOTHING!

Blaine asked me earlier today, "Mommy, can we run to Target real fast so I can use my money and buy a Bakugon?" I said, "No, Blaine. I told you when you don't go to school, you don't do anything else. You don't get to 'run' anywhere today." He said, "That's ok, Mommy. I'll walk in Target!" Yup, he's feeling better.

**THIS IS A TMI (TOO MUCH INFORMATION) WARNING! READ FURTHER AT YOUR OWN RISK! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED! THIS IS A TMI WARNING! THIS IS NOT A TEST**

Yesterday afternoon, I was sitting at the computer, minding my own business, when I heard Blaine say, "Mommy, I threw your boobie thingy over the balcony. Can you tie it to my rope so I can pull it back up?" Yes, my bra was at the bottom of the balcony.

While you enjoy your laugh, this tired Mommy is turning in. I have 4-3-2-1-ZERO energy left!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...