2/28/11

We are the Marshall

Remember our friend, Mat?Blaine loves him! Well, we all love him, but there's something special about a big boy loving a little boy and letting him be "part of it."

Anyway, every time Blaine goes to Mat's house, he comes home with crap stuff, Mat's stuff he doesn't play with anymore. So last time he comes home with a huge popcorn tin full of legos and some other stuff, to include a key chain. **This is where I would include a picture of the key chain, if I could get it out of my six-year old's hands for half a second. More explanation on that in a minute.** ***UPDATE: I got the pictures!*** The key chain looks like a marshall's badge, and it says US Marshall around the star. On the other side, it looks like an old coin, and it has a year of like 1870 or something.

Blaine thinks it's real. Like for real real. He thinks it's really from 1870 and that "they", whoever they may be, are looking for it. Now let me tell you how I know.

He comes into my room Saturday and shows me this treasure. He tells me that it's real, like from the Army. I told him the US Marshalls are very important, but not from the Army. I'm not sure if he heard me or not, because this is a real treasure, and he's totally consumed by it. He says, "Mommy, can you set the alarm tonight?" Our house alarm, not an alarm clock. I say, "Sure, son. Why?" "Because, Mommy, they (again, whoever they may be) are probably looking for this, and I don't want them to break into our house while we're asleep." Um...okay. Then, "Mommy, if they find me, do you think I'll go to jail?"
"For what, son?"
"For stealing it!"
"Did you steal it?"
"Well, no. WAIT! Do you think Matty KNOWS he gave it to me? Do you think he accidentally gave it to me and doesn't know it?"
"No, I'm pretty sure he meant to give it to you, but we can ask if you want. Give it to me, and I'll take a picture of it (this is when I'd already figured out this would be a blog, and I needed a picture of this treasure) on my phone, and we'll text Mat and ask."
"NO!! You can't take a picture of it. This is super secret stuff, and we can't just let it out there."
"Well, son, I'm sure Mat wanted you to have it."
"Mom, how much money do you think I could get for it if I put it on Ebay?" (So much for super secret stuff.)
"I'm not sure, but probably a lot."
"Shew, I know!"

He runs off.

Sunday the phone rings, and as so often happens in our house, it was a telemarketer, so I hollered for nobody to answer the phone. He comes FLYING into my room, "Mom, what if it's them??" "Them who, son?" "Them looking for my Marshall badge!" "THen we really shouldn't answer it, huh?"

So this morning, it's in his pocket, the safest place he could think of (a-hem), and I'm praying it stays there and doesn't get lost. What a dee-zaster it would be to have it lost. I'm sure if it's lost, though, you will know, because it will probably be a more dramatic post than this.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...