2/24/11

Mad Skills

Randy Jackson is forever talking about somebody's "mad skills" on American Idol, and I'm forever telling Joey how I want somebody to tell me I have mad skills. Since nobody is telling me I have mad skills, I'm telling all of you my daughter has mad skills. I'll take her mad skills to brag about any day over my own anyway.

Kylee is amazing. I'm not sure how she's mine or how I was blessed to get to call her mine, but she's mine, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. She has so many mad skills I don't possess. You've seen her dance. She has mad dancing skills. I have no dancing skills.

Look what this girl can do with some poster board, a little paint, and a lot of modeling clay.

They are reading the book, Bridge to Terabithia, at school. I LOVED this book. Maybe I have mad reading skills. Kylee doesn't love any book. She had to do a project showing the exposition
rising action
climaxand
resolution of the story. Do you see how see took four poster boards and bended and folded and glued them together?Amazing!!

She spent so much time and a lot of effort on this project. Look at the details she put into the modeling clay. Look at Leslie drowning in the lake here.
And I loved this car.How in the world she got these clay people sitting in clay desks is beyond me.Mad skills I tell ya! She deserves an A on this project just for the effort she put into it.

She's so funny about things, though. I told her Joey would have to take her to school today to help her carry this heavy project in. She was mortified, in true middle-school-girl fashion. "Mom, NONE of my friends had their parents carrying in their projects. How embarrasing!" He did it anyway.

On the other hand, remember this post where I told you about her sucking her arm? Last night, after she had told me how embarrassing it would be to have her Daddy carry her project into school, she was telling me about sucking her arm in class. Another girl said, "Kylee, why do you have your arm like that?" Kylee said, "Because I've always done that, since I was born." She said, "What are you doing?" Kylee said, "Sucking my arm." She said, "Like sucking your thumb?" Kylee said, "I guess. I've done it since I was born." She said, "Well, could you stop? It's kinda freaking me out a little." Kylee said, "No. I'm not going to stop. It's not hurting anybody and it's my comfort." But she's embarrassed to have somebody help her carry a heavy project. Girls!

I still wish I had this girl's mad skills!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...