2/10/11

Be Careful What You Promise

I've always told Kylee that as long as her attitude and grades were good, I wouldn't argue with her about her hair; that it was her hair, and she could do with it as she pleased. So about six weeks ago, she started seeing Lorraine(on the right), who happens to be both a cosmetologist and her dance teacher, to cut her hair. She loves her. Notice the color in Lorraine's hair? Well, guess who wants it?! And guess who reminded me that she has both good grades and a good attitude...most of the time?!? Yup, you guessed it. Kylee. I told her that she could do it, but I wasn't paying for it. I didn't promise I would pay for it; I only promised I would let her. I told her I would pay for the haircut, but I would not pay for color. After finding out that streaks would only be about $25, she announces she will pay for it.

Great.

I told her I was fine with it, but that she had to call her Daddy and make sure he was. Of course, his answer was an immediate and firm NO. She cried. I told her I would talk to him, but I couldn't promise anything; Daddies are that way, and they will never change. I did talk to him. It didn't work.

Today she went for another haircut. She didn't even ask or complain or whine about not being about to get her color. But the girls at the salon had told her about the clipons you can buy at Sally's. The boys were at tball practice, and we went to Sally's. She got two colors, redand green. She put the red in and went to dance.

I was busy with Blaine with it came time to pick her up from dance and asked Joey if he would pick her up from dance. About 15 minutes later I get a text, "WHY does Kylee have a pink streak in her hair?!!" haha! He thought it was real, and he was HOT! She had so much fun with it, too! By the time they got home, she had told him it wasn't real, so I wasn't in hot water. This is the closest she'll get to real for a while, I'm afraid.


P.S. I really would let her do it. I figure if the worst thing she does is color her hair, we've done GOOD!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...