2/28/11

Party Post!!


I'm so excited! It's my first blog party! Thanks, Lynette! Now all y'all go over to Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground!

I really enjoy being able to blog for my kids, as their baby book, if you will. I've discovered that I'm addicted to it. I think of everything they do in how it will be a blog post. What's worse than that is I stalk other's blog, as if I know them...when I don't. I follow several (a-hem, the number will not be revealed) blogs every day, like religiously. It's kinda sick. I kinda like it.

Now for the questions Lynette posted for us to answer for the blog party. Let's win some prizes!!

How would people describe your personality? (If they could only use ONE word.) Are they right? The consensus, when asked of a few friends, is straightforward. That is a nice way of my friends saying blunt. If you ask, I will tell you..the truth, even if it's hard. So, yeah, I'd have to say it's true.

What celebrity/celebrities would create a “Star-Struck” feeling if you saw them in real life? Probably Karen Kingsbury or Kelle Hampton.

Who is your favorite blogger? Why? My favorite blogger, hands down, is Kelle over at enjoying the small things. Why? She is so funny and so real and so loving. This post just today was so me. I can totally relate to her. She doesn't even know me or that I stalk her or that I'm writing this about her, either. Kelle, if, for some wild reason, you see this, I promise I'm not crazy, just obsessive. j/k..kinda

What is your comfort food/drink? Anything I don't have to cook

Be brave – tell us something very random and weird about yourself. I'm pretty sure I have an addictive personality. I'm addicted to blogs, Facebook, mango yogurt, angry birds, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Words with Friends, The Bachelor (eek!). I could continue, but I won't.

Do you have a strong desire to do something you’ve never done? What is it? Ummm....no. I don't think so. If I want to do something, I usually just find a way to do it.

Movies: Action, Drama, Romantic Comedy, Documentary, Comedy? What are your favorite genres? I'm kinda girly in this respect. I like me a good chick flick.

Books: Fiction, Non-Fiction, Romance, Biographies, True Stories, Self-Help, Devotional/Study? What are your favorite types of reading material? Again with the addictions. I'm addicted to Karen Kingsbury. I've read everything she's written, I think, and buy her new stuff the DAY it comes out. In true addict fashion, I then have reader's remorse as soon as I turn the last page, wishing I had waited longer to buy it or read it slower.

Music: Funk, Rock, Country, Jazz, Classical, Film Score, Blues, Classic Rock, Crooner, Alternative, Heavy Metal, Techno? What are your favorite types? Country. That's pretty much it. I like an occasional rock song that somebody introduces me to, but I would never find it on my own. I also like MercyMe, Chris Tomlin, and some others.

If you inherited a million dollars, what is the first thing you would do with your money? Buy "my" house! I found the house of my dreams. If I had designed it myself, I wouldn't change a thing. But my husband won't buy it for me. So what if it's out of our price range! Right? Okay. No. I'd buy it with my million dollars.

Name one weakness of yours (confession is good for the soul). If you know me in real life, you know the answer to this question. If you don't, I'm sorry you had to read this. My weakness is smoking. That's all I have to say about that.

If you could live anywhere at all (and take all your loved ones with you), where would you go? Y'all are gonna think I'm weird, but I'm a Texas girl, born and bred. I'd move to Midland, Texas, if I could take everybody with me. It's still west Texas; it's still small-town mentality, but it has big city restaurants; and it's probably perfect because I don't live there.

Strange Talent? Can you juggle basketballs, put your legs behind your head or perform some other strange feat? I'm not sure this is a strange feat, but it is different. I can "type" 225 words a minute. I'm a court reporter.

What’s something you consider yourself to be good at? (Don’t worry, it’s not bragging, it’s acknowledging a God given gift). I can find the perfect gift. It's not really a gift. It's more of an obsession. (I'm beginning to think I need real professional help!)

What is one of your favorite things to catch a whiff of? A baby slathered in some Johnson's baby lotion. Now that's heaven. Oh, and a good-looking cowboy with great cologne.

When you leave a social gathering, do you wish: You would have talked more or You would have talked less? Less, NO question!

If money wasn’t a factor, what stores would you shop in? Pottery Barn and Circle P (a small shop in West Texas)

What is your greatest fear or strange phobia? My greatest fear is losing the ones I love. Yes, I know they are going to a better place. I'm not scared for them. I'm scared for me!!

What is your greatest accomplishment? I haven't completed it yet, but I know I will. It will be to raise God-fearing, productive, great kiddos. They aren't raised yet, but they are off to a good start!

Are you a hopeless romantic? I almost wish I were, but I'm not. I'm jaded, I think. Maybe it's divorce court that I work in. Maybe it's just who I am.

What movie or book character can you most relate to? Ashley Baxter. Karen Kingsbury, ya know.

Now, anybody know a good shrink in West Texas to help me with this addictive personality seems to be rearing it's ugly head?!

26 comments:

Heather said...

Nice to meet you!!

I forgot about the Pottery Barn when I made my store list!

Michelle said...

Nice to meet you. Your writing is really fun to read. I loved all that you had to say. Thank you so much for sharing!

Ann said...

I wish I could type that fast! That is some serious talent there. I love pottery barn as well. PB has some fabulous items.

Lauren K said...

225 words a minute? WOW! I thought I typed quickly but I'm not anywhere near that fast.


Also, LOL @ "anything I don't have to cook", I completely understand there!


Anyways, thanks for sharing, it's great getting to know a whole bunch of bloggers better! :)

Jenilee said...

:) Great post! I am a little confused about the angry birds! LOL I also LOVE Karen Kingsbury and would love to visit Texas. and that is an incredible amount of words per minute! amazing. nice to meet you!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the blog stalking. I love reading and getting to know others. My husband thinks I'm weird and wonders why I don't just get to know more people in real life.I moved from small town Pa, to bigger town Pa with lots more resturants so my parents love coming to visit me.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lyn said...

It's nice to meet you! You have beautiful children. I loved your answers and the honesty in them. I will have to come back and visit! Have a blessed day!

Unknown said...

Oooo I love the smell of clean babies too!

Life Is Crazy Beautiful said...

Wow - 225! Can you speak as fast as you type, ha ha? I'm a pretty "fast-talker" myself. I always say I speak faster than a lot of people listen Boy, I bet you need to surround yourself with some positive after you leave work. I could read your straightforwardness in your answers. It was nice getting to know you! Lisa

September said...

Isn't this Blog Party fun!? I loved your answers today... and found great delight in you waiting for your greatest accomplishment..raising Godly children...
AND....
the smell of a baby with baby lotion!
I should have thought of that one too! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Blessings to you!
September

GrammyK said...

Just visiting from Lynnette's Blog Party!! I really enjoyed reading your answers! 225 wpm!! Very impressive!! I can do about 40--I'm just thankful that I don't have to "hunt and peck"!! :-) Good thing I'm not a court reporter! ha ha!!

Thanks for sharing!! It was great to meet you!! And your kiddos really are cute!! :-)
Blessings!
Kris

Alexis said...

Your blog's so cute!!

225 words per minute?! Holy cow! You're my hero!! I'm so jealous of all of these posts mentioning Pottery Barn. I've never been to one before! I've checked them out online, but it seems like an experience.

Loved your post! Great to "meet" you!!

Melissa said...

The smell of clean babies....so much better than my smell of cookies in the oven! Love this as a way to get to know other bloggers!

Anna Gray said...

What fun answers! Ha! That is too funny that your comfort food is anything you don't have to cook. And chick flicks...join my club! I am a HUGE fan of girly movies. :)

It's great to meet you!

Heather Rae said...

Just popped in to say hello from the blog party! Your blog is sweet and what cute kiddos you have!

Amy said...

Great answer to comfort food - made me smile and agree. Also, am with you on the addictive personality and finding the perfect gift is a great skill.
I like your blog.

Amy @ Missional Mama

TIFFANY said...

Nice to meet you! I am a blog stalker as well. :) I just love to read about what everyone's been up to. But, isn't that why they have a blog? So people will read it?

Jenny said...

Mmmmm, clean baby smell! I came home from grocery shopping tonight and hubby had bathed our baby girl and slathered her in Baby Magic! All I had to do was snuggle her...Love!

Just hopping over from the blog party...so nice to "meet" you!

Unknown said...

Hi Stephanie!

Well that was fun! I enjoyed reading about you. :)

Johnson babies - Yum!
Kelle Hampton - Yum! lol. Her photography mixed with her children - precious and beautiful. I'll admit, I don't read her blog - I just look at it. ha!

Thanks for joining in the blog party. I'm having a great time hopping around meeting other bloggers.

Keep hoppin' and having fun!
Chums,
Lynnette

Christy said...

I must admit, I just don't go into Pottery Barn, it's just too tempting. Now they recently built a Crate and Barrel near me, it's just not very nice of them.

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Love, love, love me some Karen Kingsbury! And, I love the answer to your favorite smells. It was nice to meet you!

Angela said...

Just stopping by to party with you! :-) It was fun reading your honest answers. I'll admit that sometimes I think about daily events in terms of a blog post, too. :-)

Nice to "meet" you!

Blessings,
Angela @ Eternal Outlook

Janet Benlien Reeves said...

It's nice to meet you! Angry birds? I wish I could type so fast!

Unknown said...

Hi Stephanie Jean!
Thank you for the sweet compliment. I'm addicted to The Bachelor too...oi! LOL I guess its just sooooo....I don't even know but I have to watch;)
Have a blessed day new friend!
Michelle
Faith on Fire

Carla said...

Very cute blog! Nice to "meet" you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...