3/2/11

Color Me Happy

I love the innocence of 1st graders! We were driving to school this morning, and Kylee said, "Oh, no, Mom! I forgot it was Jillian's birthday yesterday, and I really wanted to get her something!" I said, "Well, we'll get her something this afternoon, and you can take it to school tomorrow." Blaine said, "Diddy, just go into the school, color her a picture, and you can surprise her with it at lunch!" Suh-weet!

This conversation is much better than the one we had on the way to school yesterday morning. Kylee said, "Mom, my friend told me that when they 'fix' a dog, they cut off his nuts." Blaine said, "OMG! His balls?! They cut off his balls?!" What's a mom to do?! I said, "Yup. That's what they do."

I prefer discussing birthday presents.

P.S. Thisis Jillian.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...