3/16/11

Talkin bout My Girl

Remember the drama when Kylee was first put in band? And then the drama of me trying to get her out when she didn't want out? Well, we've done it all again and come full circle.

The school sent out elective forms last week for next school year. Kylee was going to get out of both theater arts and band and take art and choir. A couple of weeks ago, her theater arts teacher selected her to take Advanced Acting. It's a "by invitation only" elective. She totally decided to drop choir and take art and advanced acting. Because you have to pick your top three, she put advanced acting, art, and choir.

Yesterday she comes home and says, "I think I'm going to stay in band." I was a little shocked. She's asked a couple of times in the last couple of weeks -- and maybe it's just spring fever -- to not have to take her instrument to school. She told me that her band director called her into her office and invited her to be in Honor Band, again, a "by invitation only" elective. She told her she would think about it. Right before bed, she informed me she is staying in band.

We've gone from dropping both electives to get new ones to keeping one and dropping the other to keeping both. Yup, that's my girl!

For another little Kylee-ism, our conversation over yogurt last night:
K - Do you ever just miss your Mom?
M - Oh, of course. Why?
K - Because sometimes I just miss you.
M - Like when?
K - Like when you go out of town without me. (which I've done TWICE in the last YEAR, one for work!)
M - Hmmm.
K - Or when you go to the movies with your friend w/out me. (which I've done ONCE in like six years....or more)
M - Hmmm.
K - Or sometimes I just miss you at school.
M - Well, I'm glad you miss me. It makes me feel good.
K - Can we go now?
(SO much for that moment)

Just one more -ism, but this time it's Blaine's. While snuggling with his best buddy, Papi, last night he said, "Mommy, if Papi was human, I would TOTALLY spend the night at his house!"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...