3/29/11

Last of the 7 Hoorah

Monday night, after making Blaine's cupcakes for school on his birthday, I asked what he wanted for breakfast on his birthday. He asked if I could get up early on his birthday and make him a special breakfast. I told him that I sure would and that's why I was asking. He said, "Ok. I want Fruity Pebbles." haha!

So Tuesday morning, up I came with a cupcake and his Fruity Pebbles.He did not eat the cupcake. Then we put on his Phineas and Ferb birthday ribbon with his school uniform and headed to school.
For his birthday dinner, he wanted to go to "Houseback Steakhouse".Why? Well, on Mother's Day last year, we took Joey's mother there. There was a wait, so we sat at the bar watching to baseball finals. The Yankees were playing, and, of course, Blaine was enthralled. There was a bartender there who was equally enthralled with the Yankees...and Blaine. Juice (yup, that's his name) and Blaine became fast friends. He was slipping Blaine cups full of cherries and unlimited refills of Pina Coladas (minus the spirits, of course).

Last week when I began asking Blaine where he wanted to go for his birthday dinner, he wanted to go see Juice. He even asked us to take him by there to make sure Juice would be working on his birthday. Because if he wasn't, he wanted to go to Logan's. Get this: Juice was not scheduled to work on Blaine's birthday but traded shifts with somebody just to be there for him. We were treated like royalty, really.

This is Yankee (what Juice calls Blaine) and Juice.Notice the money on Blaine's Phineas and Ferb ribbon? Juice put it there. I think Kylee was jealous. When another waiter brought me my salad and asked if he could get us anything else, my sassy middle-schooler said, "Yeah, how about a staple remover." ha!

He had his third and final birthday candle and songand we headed home to play with his WWE wrestlers and ring.

So until next year, the birthday boy's celebrations are over.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...